Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   first time ever...i folded the nuts (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396127)

DcifrThs 12-11-2005 01:06 PM

first time ever...i folded the nuts

gotta love it when the phone rings and....

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="red">UTG raises</font>, <font color="blue">2 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="green">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="green">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="green">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Kh Qc (straight, ace high).
UTG has 9d Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: BB wins 14 BB. </font>

newhizzle 12-11-2005 01:10 PM

Re: first time ever...i folded the nuts

UTG would have hit running clubs on 6th and 7th street, you made an expert fold, nh

DcifrThs 12-11-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG would have hit running clubs on 6th and 7th street, you made quite probably an expert fold, nh

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

AA suited 12-11-2005 01:25 PM

ouch.,..

and i thought i was bad

was multitabling. did not notice that i flopped the nuts (straight). checked around on flop and turn. checked to me on river as last to act, and i checked. won a huge pot of $1.90 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

players commented on wtf i was doing. sigh..

toss 12-11-2005 01:38 PM

Why no turn 3-bet?

Burno 12-11-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why no turn 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

TheBlueMonster 12-11-2005 01:58 PM

done something similar, but in a MTT. Deep into the tourny I raise in late position with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the SB calls. Flop comes all non-connected hearts and he checks, I bet about half his stack and he comes back over the top for all his chips.
At that very moment I was folding a hand in a cash game and accidentally clicked the 'fold' button in the tourny.

soko 12-11-2005 02:01 PM

I played on Bet365 and for some [censored] reason their fold button is where the Raise button is on every other damn poker site ive ever played on, so naturally multitabling is sort of go autopilot and:

Hero has AA

EP calls, Hero raises, Folded to EP who calls

Flop A58
EP Bets, Hero folds

DcifrThs 12-11-2005 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why no turn 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if i thought that i had the nuts didn't you think i would have lol...the POINT is i DIDNT THINK I HAD A GOOD HAND!! as in i was on the phone and for some reason thought i was drawing to only a 9

Barron

toss 12-11-2005 03:35 PM

LOL I thought you were so distracted by your phone that you didn't notice it was your turn to act.