Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Splitting the PL/NL Forums (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386776)

beset7 11-28-2005 01:07 PM

Splitting the PL/NL Forums

A number of posters want to split the PL/NL forums into three forums.

Small Stakes: .5/1 and below
Mid Stakes: 1/2 to 3/6
High Stakes: 5/10 and up

Mid/high seems to be fine as is, but small stakes NL is terribly overcrowded with 50-60 new threads a day at times. Makes it very hard to manage for all by those with OCD.

Thoughts? AZK? Xorbie? I don't moderate these forums but I post in them and read them and thought someone should raise the issue here.

AZK 11-30-2005 12:49 PM

Re: Splitting the PL/NL Forums

I think the way they are now is fine, I don't think there is as much traffic in the NL forums as there was in the limit forums which is why a split made sense for those forums... but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise...

xorbie 11-30-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think the way they are now is fine, I don't think there is as much traffic in the NL forums as there was in the limit forums which is why a split made sense for those forums... but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise...

[/ QUOTE ]

SSNL as like 3-4x as much traffic as MHNL, if not more. It really is getting to the point where it's too much, 4 or so pages a day, and half the threads end up with 2-3 replies.

The way the split is proposed doesn't really change MHNL at all anyway, except in title (unless we decide to move 5/10 down to mid, which I dunno about).

beset7 11-30-2005 05:31 PM

yeah the main reason I brought it up is selfish of course. I play low mid-limit NL and I find SSNL totally unmanageable because of how many new threads started each day. Plus, I think it'd be good for teh 50 and 25nl guys to have their own forum where they'd feel more comfortable learning from one another like people do in the micro-limit forum.

AZK 11-30-2005 05:35 PM

so how about small NL 1/2 NL and lower, mid NL 2/4 - 5/10 (easy decisions/small stacks/etc, high NL 5/10 live, 5/10+ big stacks online, etc...

Do you feel like modding mid stakes? or maybe we could both do it.

xorbie 11-30-2005 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so how about small NL 1/2 NL and lower, mid NL 2/4 - 5/10 (easy decisions/small stacks/etc, high NL 5/10 live, 5/10+ big stacks online, etc...

Do you feel like modding mid stakes? or maybe we could both do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think 1/2 plays more like 2/4. I think I'll end up taking care of mid and someone else can take small stakes. Of course you can help mod mid, it's not much work at all unless I decide to keep running a digest of sorts.

beset7 12-01-2005 03:41 PM

What about:

Micro .5/1 and below
Small 1/2 up to 4/8
Mid/High 5/10+

???

Mat Sklansky 12-02-2005 01:02 PM

Re: Splitting the PL/NL Forums: Chuck will do it

Sure. I'll do it this weekend unless someone objects.

Chuck

On Dec 2, 2005, at 10:56 AM, msklansky@aol.com wrote:

> Hey,
>
> A number of posters would like to split the forums small, mid, > high. Can you do that? I assume xorbie will want to be mid mod, I > can stay high mod, and we can elect individuals to be mods for > small, in the meantime, xorbie I guess could mod small. I'd like to > post sticky's at the top of each forum explaining which stakes > hands go where.
>
> Thanks.
>
> AZK

Once the decisions are made, I need someone to make a new thread with the precise splits, the new moderators of the new forums, and where the old posts will stay/go when the split occurs.

xorbie 12-02-2005 05:12 PM

I think we can just leave all the old SSNL posts in small, and all the old MHNL in high and then just start mid anew. I think all that remains is to find a mod for small stakes, as we already have (I think) a consensus on up to 1/2 being small, 1/2 - 5/10 being mid and 5/10+ being high.

beset7 12-02-2005 07:30 PM

I vote for Maulik.