Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I can't believe there's actually people like this (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344854)

Justin A 09-26-2005 05:45 PM

I can\'t believe there\'s actually people like this

I went with my wife to see the new Bill Murray movie Broken Flowers, and a little bit into the movie I hear a vibrating noise from a phone about two seats to my left. The woman who owns the purse starts messing around in here purse, obviously to turn off her phone. But then she grabs the phone, opens it up and whispers, "hello?"

So I'm sitting there with my jaw dropped, and she continues to have a short whispered conversation, eventually telling the person on the other line that she's in a movie and has to go.

I can't say I'm too upset about the incident, it was much more entertaining than the movie.

09-26-2005 05:46 PM

Re: I can\'t believe there\'s actually people like this

I was with a friend who did this once, and I was too much of a pussy to do anything about it

SpearsBritney 09-26-2005 05:52 PM

She probably figured the phone vibrating and her wispering were inaudible. I don't see this as a big deal.

Amid Cent 09-26-2005 06:00 PM

Unless the person owning the phone is a large and scary looking man, I will grab the phone and throw it as far away as possible.

tdarko 09-26-2005 06:01 PM

that sucks man, and such a wrong movie to do it in too since its pretty much a mood film with little dialogue an not exactly Die Hard.

next time, stand up and say "your f*cking world b*tch!"

peterchi 09-26-2005 06:04 PM

I was at an Asian Culture show back in college and this kid in front of me answered his phone and basically started yelling into it, because the show was really loud at the time. So of course he had to be even louder. And his phone had these weird flashing lights, looked like a damn strobe light.

Freaking Asians. Seriously, we're so damn clueless sometimes.

Oh, also, my gf's dad (not Asian) answered his cell phone in a theater once. But he's a doctor. I think he hung up once he figured out that no one was dying.

09-26-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Murray movie Broken Flowers
vibrating noise from a phone

[/ QUOTE ]
Where's that brilliantIMO gimmick a/c?

B Dids 09-26-2005 06:15 PM

Star Wars Ep 1. Some kid in the front row has his phone ring THREE times in the last 15 minutes of the movie. The last time about 5 people just start yelling, he yells "SHUT IT" and then when the movie is over just bolts out of there, as I'm pretty sure he knew that some pissed off nerds were ready to go wild on him.

ThaSaltCracka 09-26-2005 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She probably figured the phone vibrating and her wispering were inaudible. I don't see this as a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see what the issue is. My brothers phone vibrated once while we were in a movie. He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later". The people in fron of us, a fat women and her fat significant other, told him to turn his damn phone off. "I said shut up" She turned around, the fat man gave me the evil eye, end of story. I don't give a [censored].

phil_ivey_fan 09-26-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went with my wife to see the new Bill Murray movie Broken Flowers, and a little bit into the movie I hear a vibrating noise from a phone about two seats to my left. The woman who owns the purse starts messing around in here purse, obviously to turn off her phone. But then she grabs the phone, opens it up and whispers, "hello?"

So I'm sitting there with my jaw dropped, and she continues to have a short whispered conversation, eventually telling the person on the other line that she's in a movie and has to go.

I can't say I'm too upset about the incident, it was much more entertaining than the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is she black?...what do I win?

This type of incident is rising at an exponential rate on my list of "things that annoy me the most". Almost up there with the following scenerio...

1)phone rings
2)owner of the phone pretends like its not his but its obvious that its his becasue its blasting the new 50cent song.
3) phone rings again
4)owner takes phone out of his pocket and then looks around to make sure everyone in the proximity can see that he owns a cell phone.
5) phone rings again
6) owner finally answers

I like to walk up to this guy while he's on the phone and be like.. "wow is that the new <insert brand: LG, Nokia, etc) ###. that is awesome. did you know that it can send multimedia messages?"