Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Official White Sox 2005 AL Central Champs Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347011)

JayLear 09-29-2005 03:38 PM

Official White Sox 2005 AL Central Champs Thread

Bumpy ride at the end, but they got it done. Let's hear it White Sox fans!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

pokerdirty 09-29-2005 03:55 PM

Re: Official White Sox 2005 AL Central Champs Thread

Bust.

JayLear 09-29-2005 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bust.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever, dude. Can't rain on my parade.

johnnybeef 09-29-2005 04:05 PM

They haven't even won the central yet. Of all five of the playoff contenders in the AL, I think they have the worst chance of all. It's going to be a great post season, as besides the cardinals, there is no clear cut favorite.

JayLear 09-29-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They haven't even won the central yet. Of all five of the playoff contenders in the AL, I think they have the worst chance of all. It's going to be a great post season, as besides the cardinals, there is no clear cut favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. They won today, giving them 96 victories. The best Cleveland can do is tie, assuming the sweep the Sox this weekend and win tonight. This scenario would give the White Sox the division by virtue of a better head-to-head record against the Tribe. I also disagree with the rest of your statement, but that's just my opinion. The fact that they have won the division is factually correct.

LoaferGee12 09-29-2005 04:37 PM

Break out the champagne.

johnnybeef 09-29-2005 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. They won today, giving them 96 victories. The best Cleveland can do is tie, assuming the sweep the Sox this weekend and win tonight. This scenario would give the White Sox the division by virtue of a better head-to-head record against the Tribe. I also disagree with the rest of your statement, but that's just my opinion. The fact that they have won the division is factually correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry. i just turned on around the horn, and saw that they won today, i thought they were playing tonight. as for the rest of your statement, they are 9-20 vs the angels, a's, red sox, and yankees. besides spanking the indians early when they were god awful, the white sox have yet to beat anyone, and i think that everyone here knows that the indians that they faced last week and tomorrow are a totally different team then the ones they faced early in the season. i'm not saying that the tribe will dominate in the post season here. i'm just saying that of the 5 teams remaining, the white sox seem like the odd man out.

pokerdirty 09-29-2005 05:23 PM

jbeef, where's the OSU avatar? unacceptable.

JayLear 09-29-2005 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry. i just turned on around the horn, and saw that they won today, i thought they were playing tonight. as for the rest of your statement, they are 9-20 vs the angels, a's, red sox, and yankees. besides spanking the indians early when they were god awful, the white sox have yet to beat anyone, and i think that everyone here knows that the indians that they faced last week and tomorrow are a totally different team then the ones they faced early in the season. i'm not saying that the tribe will dominate in the post season here. i'm just saying that of the 5 teams remaining, the white sox seem like the odd man out.

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd better tune back into Around the Horn. Last I checked, the A's were no longer a "contender".

JayLear 09-29-2005 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd better tune back into Around the Horn. Last I checked, the A's were no longer a "contender".

[/ QUOTE ]
Removing the A's from that equation, which obviously you should, the Sox are 11-5 against the Tribe, 3-4 vs. the Red Sox, 3-3 vs. the Yankees, and 4-6 vs. the Angels. I wouldn't exactly call those numbers dominating in any sense.

Look, I know the Sox have faults. I felt a lot better about them two months ago than I do now. I said last week that the Indians are probably the most complete team left in contention. That's why I hope the Sox help knock them out of the playoffs this weekend. I'll take my chances with any of the others.