Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Semi-OT: The table coaches at the 55s are really getting under my skin (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362888)

Karak567 10-22-2005 01:34 AM

Semi-OT: The table coaches at the 55s are really getting under my skin

It's almost getting to the point of where I have to turn chat off. It's just very... irritating hearing these guys talk like they are the gods of poker, yet when what they are saying is so wrong.

The constant berating causes me to snap back, which causes them to spite call.

Anyone else have the chat box as -EV to them?

cha59 10-22-2005 01:36 AM

Re: Semi-OT: The table coaches at the 55s are really getting under my skin

shut off the chat if it effects your play at all

brimstone1 10-22-2005 01:42 AM

Re: Semi-OT: The table coaches at the 55s are really getting under my

I know its a lot of free entertainment, but it really is best to just turn it off and concentrate on your play (I know you already know this).

Just let them say whatever they want to say, let them give all the advice in the world.

suited_ace 10-22-2005 02:00 AM

I had chat off for a long while. I'm ok with it now, but if I start seeing that it's affecting my play, I don't think twice before turning it off again.

I think you should try the vow of silence for a while. You won't lose much, that's for sure.

microbet 10-22-2005 02:16 AM

Doesn't often bother me, but it did get under my skin tonight. I'll turn chat off. gg and ty where applicable to all of you in advance.

bennies 10-22-2005 05:44 AM

It's distracting so I turned it off.

Sciolist 10-22-2005 06:43 AM

I generally explain that they're moronic for table coaching if they're right as they're helping the people who would be paying them, and they're moronic if they're wrong because they show themselves up and tell the real good players where their flaws are.

I like arguing. I figure I've had more practice at it than them, so it works out +ev to do so...

rybones 10-22-2005 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they're moronic if they're wrong because they show themselves up and tell the real good players where their flaws are.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true, and the reason you should not turn the chat off! Do you see why?

Just my thoughts,

Ryan

codewarrior 10-22-2005 07:41 AM

If you're only playing a couple of tables, chat is a wonderful PsyOp opportunity. You can (sometimes) turn a dead table into a chatty, fun loving one. People having fun = loose play. Try it.

Also, you get the added benefit of people seeing you be chatty, and not realizing you haven't played a hand in two orbits.

'Sup Bones?

stupidsucker 10-22-2005 01:43 PM

I find when I chat back I play worse, and sometimes I let me pride cloud my judgement.

I do like keeping chat on because often gives me reads on people I am not paying attention to.