Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (OT) Help me pick a topic for Daliman (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382869)

Slim Pickens 11-21-2005 07:11 PM

(OT) Help me pick a topic for Daliman

So now that Dalibaby shares a birthday with an ex-girlfriend of mine and was born fairly close to the time of day when I was born, I get to pick a topic for a one-hour lesson with Dad. There are a number of intriguing options, but for those of who know Dali better (or don't... I've yet to meet him), what would you suggest I take as my lesson?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, topics I feel comfortable instructing in;

- SNG play.
- Basic poker concepts.
- Basic NL play.
- Blackjack play.
- Blackjack camouflage
- Comp counting
- Basic sportsbetting theory
- Wong teasers
- Gambling books
- Selling tires
- Dating women taller than yourself
- Karaoke songs that get the crowd going

Topics I do NOT feel comfortable instructing;
- Tilt control
- How to pick up girls
- +EV prop bets with OB-GYN's
- Suffering idiots online

[/ QUOTE ]

Current frontrunners are SNG play, poker concepts, and basic sportsbetting. SNG's could be highly profitable, but it's hard to teach a one-hour advanced customized lesson on that. Poker concepts also suffers from overlapping what I already know (I need to be time efficient). Sportsbetting is only interesting to me because I know nothing about it so a basic lesson would push me relatively far up the learning curve. I've tried the whole blackjack counting thing, and if I wanted to get that big a headache while maintaining a miniscule edge, I'd 8-table the 215's and live in a cardboard box. Any other insight is also appreciated. Much thanks to Daliman for this generous offer. Congradulations and best of luck to you.

johnnybeef 11-21-2005 07:12 PM

Re: (OT) Help me pick a topic for Daliman

SNG play, and its not even close. Stay away from sports betting.

1C5 11-21-2005 07:16 PM

I would choose SnG play as I am sure you want to move up to the 109s and maybe 215s someday. He could help you a lot I am sure as he has played 1000s of them.

The Yugoslavian 11-21-2005 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SNG play, and its not even close. Stay away from <font color="red">everything else</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

Exitonly 11-21-2005 07:24 PM

i'd go with wong teasers.

you already know SnG...learn something new.. basic sporrts betting is easy.. learn something wierd.

Slim Pickens 11-21-2005 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd go with wong teasers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone's going to have to explain this to me.

DaveKForty7 11-21-2005 07:37 PM

A little OT; what is blackjack camo?

DeathbySuckout 11-21-2005 07:39 PM

I voted SNGs. You already have a good game, why not make it better. One hour of pointers could increase your ROI and make it well worth it.

skipperbob 11-21-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A little OT; what is blackjack camo?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually very relevant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]One of my biggest concerns after I had perfected my system to beat Roulette (ver6.7.2) was exactly how many different disguises I would have to wear [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Slim Pickens 11-21-2005 07:51 PM

Re: Dating women taller than yourself

I have no need of this so stop voting for it. No woman I've even dated has weighed less than I do (it's physically impossible for a woman with a decent rack and a nice ass to do unless she's like 5'2" or under... and I don't go for midgets... er.. dwarves or whatever) and I imagine the tactics are similar.