Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2/5NL live - QQ reraised preflop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389107)

Ghazban 12-01-2005 12:08 PM

Re: 2/5NL live - QQ reraised preflop

Actually, one alternate line would be to fold preflop. Quiet guys who limp in with trash aren't usually reraising too wide a range. However, lots of 2/5 live games are filled with idiots so QQ is well ahead of their reraising range. In any case, assuming you felt calling the reraise preflop was not a bad play, this is pretty much the best flop without a queen in it on which to get the rest of the money in.

MuckerFish 12-01-2005 01:11 PM

I like your line the best.
Alternative lines are going to depend on what you most want to accomplish. You said you felt you were ahead, but did you feel like you wanted to take the pot down right away fearing overcards hitting, or do you want to try and trap both guys for their stacks?

I'd be a little uncomfortable OOP with an overpair and quite guy being the preflop re-raiser. I'd be happy taking it down there. Your line is probably best for that.

Alternative may be to open push if you'd do the same thing with a set, and you think it would push quite guy off his hand if he had AA/KK.

If you want to gambool/try to trap(I wouldn't here, hand is too vunerable),just how wild is wild guy? Do you think he is capable of pushing as a bluff? If you think he may push as a bluff, I'd lead out for about 200, hope he pushes and go from there. Best scenario would likely be you bet, wild guy pushes, quite guy folds, and you obviously call. If quite guy calls the push, I'd fold. If wild guy smooth calls and quite guy pushes, likely fold. If both smooth call the 200, your getting a better price to spike your set.

Lucky 12-01-2005 01:17 PM

I prob dump PF, but youdont want to hear that. As it is, nicely played on flop.

wdeadwyler 12-01-2005 01:42 PM

Open push on flop blows. I like c/r all in on an ace/kingless flop and or push/fold preflop. You are getting odds to set out, and if you think you are best preflop, I like your line the best since you get WAG's dead money in on the flop.

swolfe 12-01-2005 02:18 PM

right, so...here come the results because i'm bored.

WAG went hollywood for a few minutes and folded (he said later that he had AK).

quiet guy looks like he wants to puke. he calls time and eventually decides to call me with JJ. turn and river blank and i take a very nice pot.

4_2_it 12-01-2005 02:36 PM

Nice post. Demonstrates the differences between live and on line play and shows the importance of reads in the decision-making process.