Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Set on four flush problem (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378679)

Sinnister 11-15-2005 01:51 AM

Set on four flush problem

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero???? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Okay, I know for a FACT that Mp-3 has aces with Ac and Button is a moron with maybe a queen and I know its getting capped, I folded the hand unsure of the odds with 11bb and 4 from each coming in on turn. What was the correct move?

11-15-2005 01:58 AM

Re: Set on four flush problem

Regardless of how many bets your two opponents put in you're still going to be able to draw to your boat profitably.

imported_leader 11-15-2005 02:04 AM

You must call.

wheeler 11-15-2005 10:27 AM

If MP3 has AcAx and button has Qc with no pair 50% of the time, Qc with a pair 40% of the time and 2 pair 10% of the time (the percentages here don't really matter all that much --- it's not close), you have 22% pot equity, so calling 4 bets has an immediate positive EV of slightly over 1 BB. Of course your EV is actually higher because of the river.

Also since you know for a FACT that it's getting capped, you may as well put the 3rd bet in on the turn yourself, to give you deception on the river when you hit. Not knowing the players as well as you, I would just call though.

Spartan1983 11-15-2005 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also since you know for a FACT that it's getting capped, you may as well put the 3rd bet in on the turn yourself, to give you deception on the river when you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Help me here, if he 3bets the turn, then his opponents will be surprised if he hits his hand on the river? If a villain at my table 3 bets, I generally believe he has something and I'm not at all surprised when he bets the next street.
If one of the villains has the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] more than likely it's getting capped on the river, irregardless of what are hero does.