Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Really wanted to fold this, do you call river bet? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=261854)

Clownfish 05-30-2005 12:22 AM

Really wanted to fold this, do you call river bet?

I noticed my went to showdown has dropped to high 20's so I'm trying to find hands that I've been folding that I shouldn't. Here's another one...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

MrWookie47 05-30-2005 12:40 AM

Re: Really wanted to fold this, do you call river bet?

I would have instead bet the turn (fold to c/r), and checked the river through.

ClaytonN 05-30-2005 12:43 AM

Bet turn, expect to get checked to on the river and check it through.

Both cost the same.

SteveL91 05-30-2005 12:51 AM

My standard line with A-high HU is to call a river bet if I check behind on the turn.

On this hand, I don't know that I'd fire again on the turn. The flop is just so ragged that I'm loathe to bet again. Though, if it's HU, I'm usually betting the flop and turn. The turn check switches over to a turn bet if I know the villain to habitually peel on the flop, then fold the turn UI.

Duerig 05-30-2005 08:25 AM

I don't mind this call, but I would feel lot more comfortable about it if you had a read.

Duerig 05-30-2005 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet turn, expect to get checked to on the river and check it through.

Both cost the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

With position I tend to like checking behind on the turn. If you're the pf agressor and a big card hits on the river your opponent will be scared to bet into you. If a K hits this river, you'll probaby see a free showdown.

adsman 05-30-2005 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On this hand, I don't know that I'd fire again on the turn. The flop is just so ragged that I'm loathe to bet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

A ragged flop is exactly what you want with overcards. Fire again on the turn and check behind on the river unimproved.