Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Marmite, Vegemite, and Peanut Butter (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346989)

Luzion 09-29-2005 03:17 PM

Marmite, Vegemite, and Peanut Butter

Marmite, Vegemite, and peanut butter. These are supposedly good examples of food stuffs that you must grow up with in order to enjoy. So Im bored and curious to see if this is true. Are these food stuffs really that nasty that the only way someone would like it is if they had a childhood built around this stuff?

Anyone wanna share their experience of say, traveling to Australia and trying out Vegemite? Or perhaps some non-Americans came over here and tried peanut butter for the first time? What was your reaction to these foods?

bravos1 09-29-2005 03:19 PM

Re: Marmite, Vegemite, and Peanut Butter

[ QUOTE ]
Marmite, Vegemite, and peanut butter. These are supposedly good examples of food stuffs that you must grow up with in order to enjoy. So Im bored and curious to see if this is true. Are these food stuffs really that nasty that the only way someone would like it is if they had a childhood built around this stuff?

Anyone wanna share their experience of say, traveling to Australia and trying out Vegemite? Or perhaps some non-Americans came over here and tried peanut butter for the first time? What was your reaction to these foods?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegemite is just plain nasty! I don't know of anyone who thought peanut butter was nasty (talking about non-americans). Some don't like it much, but could still eat it... I can not say the same for vegemite! I almost puked.

STLantny 09-29-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegemite is just plain nasty! I don't know of anyone who thought peanut butter was nasty (talking about non-americans). Some don't like it much, but could still eat it... I can not say the same for vegemite! I almost puked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like peanut butter, I dont know what the other things are.

cold_cash 09-29-2005 03:48 PM

Obviously you don't come from a land down under.

bravos1 09-29-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No suprise there... I was visiting (and nearly puking)

Luzion 09-29-2005 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of it did you eat? Ive read that a little goes a looong way.

samjjones 09-29-2005 04:12 PM

http://www.nndb.com/people/550/00004...-goofy-med.jpg
HE likes it...

JaBlue 09-29-2005 04:16 PM

vegemite is disgusting

nutella, on the other hand...

bravos1 09-29-2005 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of it did you eat? Ive read that a little goes a looong way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much at all.. a very little bit spread on a small peice of bread. It was spread about as thickly as you spread butter on toast.

Ray Zee 09-29-2005 04:35 PM

even most aussys wont eat that stuff. its awful.