Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A rare "Did I get enough value with this hand?" post. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=247887)

brassnuts 05-08-2005 01:09 AM

A rare \"Did I get enough value with this hand?\" post.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

BB isn't bad, he's not stupidly stupid post flop. CO is a donk.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (19 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Also, do they let you use the word "tits" in a party name?
So yeah, river?

7ontheline 05-08-2005 01:29 AM

Re: A rare \"Did I get enough value with this hand?\" post.

Why did you check the river after capping the turn? Hoping to induce a bet so you can c/r? I don't like that play generally, I would lead out. Also, you're not afraid of being behind at any point here? I might get nervous after getting 3-bet on the turn by a reasonable player.

brassnuts 05-08-2005 02:04 AM

While the CO is a donk, I thought there was a decent chance that he would fold to a bet and a raise into him on the river. Also, he might just fold the river for one bet. He's a real unpredictable retard, who knows? But, there's no way he's folding to the turn cap, and at this point I can't get reraised by the BB. Hence, the cap was for value, getting 2:1 while I was protected from being reraised again. The river, I didn't want it to go bet/raise/fold/call, so, being nearly certain the BB would bet, I in effect went for the overcall.

spamuell 05-08-2005 10:29 AM

If BB 3-bets the river, are you folding?

brassnuts 05-08-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If BB 3-bets the river, are you folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Maybe I gave him too much credit in my initial description. He's not a super-LAG donk, like the CO has shown to be at times. But, by no means is he a good enough player that I'd lay this hand down on the river.

As it was, my opinion for his play dropped significantly after this hand.

BB shows K8 for flopped 2 pair, a lot of mediocre players don't notice a counterfeit when it smacks 'em in the face. K8 is exactly what I put him on after the flop, as well. I loved the turn card.

CO shows K6. That'll do donkey... that'll do.

Jeff W 05-08-2005 06:32 PM

I'm not a big fan of the call-check/raise line usually, but this is a good spot because BB will bet the turn 100% of the time and there are no draws possible on this flop.

That'll do, brassnuts. That'll do.

brassnuts 05-08-2005 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That'll do, brassnuts. That'll do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw your original response before you edited. I agree, it is a great movie.

Jeff W 05-08-2005 06:39 PM

Yeah, I'm nuts and I delete about 1/3 of my posts after posting. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]