Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How bad did I screw the pooch? NBA Draft... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365105)

SomethingClever 10-25-2005 12:00 PM

How bad did I screw the pooch? NBA Draft...

Ugh. 12 team league, I had the 10th pick. Is my team terrible?

Edit: It's also a one-center league.

1: Elton Brand
2: Jermaine O'Neal
3: Ginobili
4: Ben Gordon
5: Quentin Richardson (note: 3PTM and 3PT% both count in this league)
6: B. Simmons
7: M. Camby (ugh)
8: Drew Gooden
9: Seabass Telfair
10: Lorenzen Wright
11: Jim Jackson
12: McDyess
13: Bynum (this was a joke pick)

Clarkmeister 10-25-2005 12:02 PM

Re: How bad did I screw the pooch? NBA Draft...

Ben Gordon at 4 is a terrible, terrible pick. Camby at 7 is actually great if you can get 70 games out of him.

SomethingClever 10-25-2005 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ben Gordon at 4 is a terrible, terrible pick. Camby at 7 is actually great if you can get 70 games out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was on the clock and I panicked. Someone took the guy I wanted right out from under me. Blah.

What about the first two rounds... passable given that all the real blue chippers were gone?

Clarkmeister 10-25-2005 12:07 PM

Brand is picked about right. O'Neal is an injury risk and for a forward has terrible FG%. I think you reached there.

ThaSaltCracka 10-25-2005 12:19 PM

Telfair at #9 is a gamble, but he could pay off. Supposedly, he worked a ton on his shooting, and if he doesn't turn the ball over much, he could be valuable.

SomethingClever 10-25-2005 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Telfair at #9 is a gamble, but he could pay off. Supposedly, he worked a ton on his shooting, and if he doesn't turn the ball over much, he could be valuable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I always like to draft at least one guy like that... who could be a total bust but has a lot of upside.

Plus he might be the only interesting thing about the Blazers this year, unless Pryzbilla decides to show off his new boxing skills on the court.

10-25-2005 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. 12 team league, I had the 10th pick. Is my team terrible?

Edit: It's also a one-center league.

1: Elton Brand
2: Jermaine O'Neal
3: Ginobili
4: Ben Gordon
5: Quentin Richardson (note: 3PTM and 3PT% both count in this league)
6: B. Simmons
7: M. Camby (ugh)
8: Drew Gooden
9: Seabass Telfair
10: Lorenzen Wright
11: Jim Jackson
12: McDyess
13: Bynum (this was a joke pick)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben Gordon at #4 is too early. Q. Rich at #5 is terrible, he's not going to put up near the same numbers as he did in Phoenix, I believe he is Jamal Crawford's backup. Camby has plantar fasciatis or whatever which is a serious injury, plus he's known as Mr. Glass. You said Bynum was a joke pick so I won't comment there. The other draft picks are all pretty good though, just look to waiver wire to pickup another center b/c Camby and Bynum will get you nothing. You need another PG too, Telfair is pretty inconsistent at this point in his career.

JcTc 10-25-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the first two rounds... passable given that all the real blue chippers were gone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brand is not a bad pick, he is a solid 20/10/2 guy every year. Who else was available at that spot, just wondering. J. O'Neal is definately a stretch with your early 2nd round pick. I would have gone with something to contrast Brand, such as an Arenas or Nash, if they were available. If you wanted a big man, Brad Miller would have been a better choice IMO.

SomethingClever 10-25-2005 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brand is not a bad pick, he is a solid 20/10/2 guy every year. Who else was available at that spot, just wondering. J. O'Neal is definately a stretch with your early 2nd round pick. I would have gone with something to contrast Brand, such as an Arenas or Nash, if they were available. If you wanted a big man, Brad Miller would have been a better choice IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nash was available, but I think he's trouble this season. Arenas seems like a lollygagger. I don't want lollygaggers on my team.

pokerdirty 10-25-2005 12:40 PM

i think jim jackson is playing for his 45th NBA team.