Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Goofy $10/20 stud/8 hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=238623)

Andy B 04-24-2005 03:54 PM

Goofy $10/20 stud/8 hand

This is the highest I've played on-line yet. The game has had a couple of table coaches, one of whom has inexplicably left the table broke. The other guy who stayed to the end has replaced him as head coach.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (6.60 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises

5th Street - (8.30 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (11.30 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (13.30 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___raises
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

Total pot: (17.30 BB)

B Mando 04-24-2005 04:30 PM

Re: Goofy $10/20 stud/8 hand

I think the three bet on 4th is pretty good. I usually just call there but I definitly see why I three bet would be a very good option for a number of reasons. I like how you keep the lead until the end also. Well played. I assume he isnt trying to bluff you on the end for one bet so I imagine he had a low or something that beats 8s and you got your half. Did he make an 87 low and you scooped? That would be way to funny! lol...

beset7 04-24-2005 04:59 PM

Read Ray Zee's Book.

Just kidding.

Nice hand. Would you mind explaining your thinking behind the three-bet on 4th? I think I get it but I'd like to hear it from your perspective.

djr 04-24-2005 05:00 PM

I have to admit I don't understand why you pushed it from 4th onward. On 4th you have no high and seat 4 is looking like a better low draw than you, why the 3-bet? Why push 5th? Are you trying to represent aces?

Given you're among the more respected posters in this forum I'll accept you played it well, but could you give a little insight to your thinking?

SuitedBaby 04-24-2005 05:01 PM

Strong work on 6th.

Why didn't you reraise 7th. He can't have you beat both ways. Many players raise with any low here (and of course every time with a 7 low or better) against your board figuring you might fold your 8's if that is all you have. Raising with an 87 is a bit bolder but you will see it and of course your betting got one high hand out, maybe you had the other convinced too.

Let me guess. Head coach 2 raised with his 87 low and pair of 7's, adding to your scooper?

Spladle Master 04-24-2005 05:40 PM

My first thought was three-bet the river. But now I see it's POSSIBLE for villain to have both a better low and a spade flush. I'd probably still three-bet, but calling is reasonable.

SuitedBaby 04-24-2005 06:08 PM

Oops, thanks for pointing out the flush. Should have known Andy wouldn't have missed a bet.

Andy B 04-24-2005 07:15 PM

Head coach could have a flush and a Seven low. While I figured that I would escape with half one way or the other, I really didn't think that he would raise without having me beaten in one direction or the other.

mscags 04-24-2005 07:16 PM

I really like the play on thrid and fourth. Nice hand

Andy B 04-24-2005 07:23 PM

I have missed bets in similar spots before--cases where I really couldn't have been beaten both ways--because I gave my opponent too much credit.