Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Smoke Free for Two Weeks! w00t! - NSFW (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394851)

12-09-2005 10:54 AM

Smoke Free for Two Weeks! w00t! - NSFW

Two weeks ago today at 10am I had my last cig. Smoking for me has been a 20 year habit (I’m 35), so it's big deal for me. If I had known it was going to be this easy I would have done it years ago.

Back story: I got back from a trip to PA (where you can still smoke in the bars) and I was feeling like shat from gunning four packs in three days. I was out side to smoke the 10am butt and I saw there was only one left. Since I really didn’t feel like even smoking the 10am butt I thought to my self "Let see how long I can go w/o smoking". Before I knew it was the end of the day, then two days, and so on.

So I quit cold turkey sorta by mistake. Other than feeling a little annoyed the first couple days everything has been cool. I even have been out drinking a few times with not real bad issues. It's good to be smoke free and $75 richer!

Thanks for reading, here are some boobs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e401/pimp5.jpg

McGahee 12-09-2005 10:57 AM

Re: Smoke Free for Two Weeks! w00t!

Congratulations - I decided to quit on Monday, but caved last night when I went out drinking, and it's carried over to this morning. This happens to me like every 6 months. I hate myself for it.

12-09-2005 11:00 AM

I feel for you man. I dont think I could do it if I lived in a state where you could still smoke at the bar. That would be my biggest pitfall. Since you cant smoke any place in Mass and I dont smoke in my house, I was just getting sick of it. When it's time to quit, it's time to quit...

vexvelour 12-09-2005 11:01 AM

Acme-

Congrats on quitting! I have been tossing around the idea for a while now. One of my biggest hangups is that for the most part I only smoke when I'm in my car. I am in my car quite a lot. Did you have this problem and if so, how did you handle it?

DrSavage 12-09-2005 11:02 AM

Good for you! Reading this made me want to go smoke though, brb.

chesspain 12-09-2005 11:05 AM

Keep up the good work! FWIW, I would advise you to not be too cocky about how easy it will be to remain nicotine-free. In other words, don't try to convince yourself that you can be a social smoker by having an occasional, single cigarette.

chesspain

P.S. You are young enough so that within 10-15 years (if you remain nicotine-free), your risks of developing a smoking-related illness will drop to nearly the same as for those who never smoked. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Noo Yawk 12-09-2005 11:05 AM

Way to go. It's been @ 3 years for me.

I'm going to make a suggestion. Join a gym. If you concentrate on your health you'll not only want to stay smoke free, but prevent yourself from the inevitable weight gain.

Stay with it.

imported_The Vibesman 12-09-2005 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Acme-

Congrats on quitting! I have been tossing around the idea for a while now. One of my biggest hangups is that for the most part I only smoke when I'm in my car. I am in my car quite a lot. Did you have this problem and if so, how did you handle it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I tried to quit I actually started by not smoking in my car. Then a week later, stopped smoking in the morning. And so on, until I was back up to ten a day.

12-09-2005 11:10 AM

vexvelour - All the triggers, driving home, eating, watching a movie, winning a big hand in p*ker, all still make me want to have a smoke, but I've just said no. When it gets really bad I have smoked a little weed, but just enough to get your mind off of it. Other than some self medication and a shat load of gum, it's all will power.

Noo Yawk - Rejoined the gym last monday. I have to get back in to shape anyways. Qutting smoking just helps. I am going to miss leaving the gym and lighting up and freaking out all the people I just worked out with [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ahhh nothing better than the post workout smoke [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-09-2005 11:10 AM

Congrats Acme and everyone else who quit, keep up the good work!