Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Which is more profitable, Abs.+bonuses or Party (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387219)

PokerAmateur4 11-28-2005 10:23 PM

Which is more profitable, Abs.+bonuses or Party

Hypothetically, which would be more profitable:

A) Party 2/4-3/6 ish shorthanded limit +rb

B) Absolute same levels with bonus +rb stacked.

Taking into consideration the better games of party and better overall other payment of abs.

TobDog 11-28-2005 10:39 PM

Re: Which is more profitable, Abs.+bonuses or Party

A few months ago, Id say Party easily, but Ive been playing both recently and Absolute allows you 6 tables now and if you have a RB deal with them, you are at basically a bottomless bonus and the games to me appear less rocky, I only play 5-10 and under full there.

11-29-2005 02:36 AM

I make good money playing short-handed at Absolute, but the swings can be crazy.

Even break even would make $20/hour with 3 tables just from RB and bonii.

MyTurn2Raise 11-29-2005 04:52 AM

Party....the softness of games just doesn't compare...I made the switch with the split, but am back to party. I make more from straight up play at Party then with bonus+rb at Absolute.

aLOWdAkING 11-29-2005 06:41 AM

what limits, if i may ask?

MyTurn2Raise 11-29-2005 04:46 PM

2/4 and 1/2

POKhER 11-29-2005 06:19 PM

Party is way more profitable, and even more so due to the change in absolute bonuses.

Meh, Guess im going to party now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

11-30-2005 10:51 AM

I will be re-thinking Absolute. I used to think it was great b/c of the bonus and RB. But- lately- my gawd. I play $2/$4 6 max. If it isn't some donk coldcalling my AA w/ 7 9 off and drawing out on me on the river, it's a TAG playing 6 rooms and not paying me off when I do get a hand. I adjust my style according to room conditions but it always seems there's a perfect mix of guys with VPIP of 50 or more and TAG's. My attempts to exploit the LAG's is often thwarted by another TAG and it ends up a train wreck a fair number of times. I've been a slightly winning player there, but it is certainly challenging. It's time to take a hard look at the numbers. I sure do love the RB though.

jrz1972 11-30-2005 03:28 PM

I was making about as much money at Absolute with rakeback and bonuses as I would normally make at Party, but that was before they changed the way bonus points are compiled. I figure the same play at Absolute will now result in only about 1/3 of the bonus I used to earn, so things have now tilted back in Party's favor.

That really sucks because I would like an excuse to play someplace other than Party. Once I clear the last couple Paradise bonuses and a couple of stacked Stars bonsues, though, it looks like I may have crawl back on my knees to Dikshit.

POKhER 11-30-2005 03:46 PM

Why ddint absolute up the rake and keep bonuses the same? dam feckers!

i thought there whole idea was "WE WANT BONUSE WHORES"? Well up the rake, take more profit, and keep the bonus whores!

Then they'll be the same as party with same % rake right?

(And i get to clear bonuses, and my RB doubles... Oh yes, Win Win).

Meh, ABsolute sucks now.