Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Is a call here just dumb? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381242)

CryptoManiac 11-18-2005 08:41 PM

Is a call here just dumb?

SB is 44/15/2.5. I have played with him a lot before and he isn't as loose as his stats suggest. He also knows I CB a lot.

Who calls on the river and who folds? What do you think of the turn check?

What about his betting range on the river compared to my calling range...does a call explain why I'm losing so bad at the moement?

Seat 1: CO ($190.72 in chips)
Seat 2: BTN ($34.50 in chips)
Seat 3: SB ($97.25 in chips)
Seat 4: BB ($125 in chips)
Seat 5: UTG ($42.28 in chips)
Seat 6: UTG+1 ($154.40 in chips)
SB: posts small blind $0.50
BB: posts big blind $1
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to CO [K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
UTG: calls $1
UTG+1: calls $1
CO: raises to $5.50
BTN: folds
SB: calls $5
BB: folds
UTG: folds
UTG+1: calls $4.50
----- FLOP ----- [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
SB: checks
UTG+1: checks
CO: bets $15
SB: calls $15
UTG+1: folds
----- TURN ----- [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]][K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
SB: checks
CO: checks
----- RIVER ----- [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]][5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
SB: bets $48.50
CO: ?????

PoBoy321 11-18-2005 08:47 PM

Re: Is a call here just dumb?

Why did you check the turn?

CryptoManiac 11-18-2005 08:52 PM

Because I don't think he needed much of a draw or hand to call the flop and I wanted him to bet the river.

Maulik 11-18-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I don't think he needed much of a draw or hand to call the flop and I wanted him to bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

turn: build a pot, check/fold river w/ 4 diamonds.

CryptoManiac 11-18-2005 09:14 PM

yep, that does seem the sensible line.

So am i being a dick? How many diamonds does he fold on the turn compared with how many non diamonds he bets on the river. Am I thinking like a see swimmer?

I honestly don't know the stats on this...how often is he going to have a diamond here?

scrapperdog 11-18-2005 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you got what you wanted.

CryptoManiac 11-18-2005 09:25 PM

yeah, but that doesn't make my logic right. I think betting the turn is probably the best option, the only issue I have with it is that given the stack size i'm going to have to call a push.

DWarrior 11-18-2005 09:26 PM

yes

CryptoManiac 11-18-2005 09:30 PM

So whats the min hand for calling?