Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   POP CULTURE: Corgan vs. Reznor vs. Manson (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342780)

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-23-2005 12:42 PM

POP CULTURE: Corgan vs. Reznor vs. Manson

Listening to the new NIN just reminded me of the little thing these three had going on like 5-7 years ago. Who wins in a battle royale, Billy Corgan, Trent Reznor, or Marilyn Manson? Assume (but list) your own rules, victory conditions, and circumstances.

swede123 09-23-2005 12:45 PM

Re: POP CULTURE: Corgan vs. Reznor vs. Manson

Neither of the three would stand a chance against 98% of the population, but matched up against each other my money would be on Reznor. The guy seems a little less fragile than the other two.

Swede

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-23-2005 12:48 PM

Remember Corgan is like 6'5" and a big wrestling fan. He had an appearance at one of the pro-wresling events and smashed a guitar over some wrestler's head. Plus, he's got those huge vampire teeth. He's a bit lanky, though, and not all that coordinated. Isn't Reznor a pretty small guy? Like 5'9" 140 lbs? It's definitely between Corgan and Reznor, though. Reznor's scrappy, I think.

SL__72 09-23-2005 12:49 PM

Trent, easy.

SL__72 09-23-2005 12:50 PM

For some reason Corgan has always seemed like a pussy to me... maybe its his voice. Its definately between those two though.

swede123 09-23-2005 12:52 PM

I didn't realize Corgan was that tall. Maybe it'd be closer than I originally thought. I still stand by my statement that a vast majority of men, women and children would handily kick the asses of all three, probably at once.

Swede

PoBoy321 09-23-2005 12:53 PM

Trent Reznor, no contest, unless it wasn't a fight to the death. If it was a "Who can be really creepy and kinda gay" then it's a tie between Manson and Corgan.

hedxcold 09-23-2005 12:55 PM

corgan would come out fighting and go after trent first. corgan would probably be to aggressive and trent will use this against him.
then you have manson and trent left. manson has the edge in the amount of physical pain he'd be able to take, but he also might have a chip on his shoulder against trent and would try to hard to show him up.
trent, already a little worn down from corgan, will analyze the situation better knowing he won't be able to keep up with the style manson would prefer, and again let manson be the aggresor and use it against him.
barring any foreign objects, trent would win.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-23-2005 12:59 PM

Alright, so how about if each got some simple, non-uber-lethal (no guns or huge blades) weapon that somehow was related to them or their band? For instance, Trent gets a couple huge spikes (more for blunt clubbing attacks, but could be used to puncture as a finishing move), Corgan gets vampire teeth and an ice cream truck, and MM gets... I don't know... a prosthetic leg.

hedxcold 09-23-2005 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, so how about if each got some simple, non-uber-lethal (no guns or huge blades) weapon that somehow was related to them or their band? For instance, Trent gets a couple huge spikes (more for blunt clubbing attacks, but could be used to puncture as a finishing move), Corgan gets vampire teeth and an ice cream truck, and MM gets... I don't know... a prosthetic leg.

[/ QUOTE ]

the vampire teeth would probably help against trent since trent would need to get closer/do more grappling (i'm thinking chris benoit like) since hes smaller. the length of the clubs would determine how much they would help.