Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   who bets this river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398694)

car ramrod 12-15-2005 12:31 AM

who bets this river?

Reads: table was weak/passive. Noone involved in this hand is very good, except the pfr, he is like 20/16/1.5, so he is isolating utg+1 here with a lot of hands.
I have been running well, so I am being respected.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls,

Turn: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (11 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero...

Final Pot: 11 BB

curious about river, but all streets up for discussion

istewart 12-15-2005 12:38 AM

Re: who bets this river?

Yes.

Jaran 12-15-2005 12:48 AM

I would bet, but I'm not sure that I call if it goes bet/call/raise, except that if UTG+1 is as bad as you say, then he might be raising here just to get you out and showdown HU against UTG+1. Really not sure.

-Jaran

ajm36 12-15-2005 12:51 AM

What happened to SB--I'm assuming he folded the flop. I bet this river and fold to a raise.

12-15-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What happened to SB--I'm assuming he folded the flop. I bet this river and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he called all the way down, and I agree with this play.

car ramrod 12-15-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet, but I'm not sure that I call if it goes bet/call/raise, except that if UTG+1 is as bad as you say, then he might be raising here just to get you out and showdown HU against UTG+1. Really not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this was an easy bet the more I think about it. But I also think I would have to fold to a raise. UTG+1 was really bad, but he was weak/passive. The pfr folded the flop, so I was only concerned about the limpers waking up.

I think I checked b/c I was playing the hand more for my flush draw, and didn't even think that my pair was likely best.

edit: converter messed up a bit, SB was also calling in the hand, and he is the one that donked the flop, not sure if that changes things.
so the river bet was into 3 other people. Still, I think I should have bet. I just can't get the hang of that bet/fold thing.

Jaran 12-15-2005 01:12 AM

Yeah, the converter must have messed things up because it shows the pf raiser calling down to the river. I'm still betting though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Jaran

J. Stew 12-15-2005 01:14 AM

Whatz mp3 calling two on the flop with that we beat? Maybe high diamonds, AJ or AT, he raises a lot. I think Mp3 has like tens or something. If Utg+1 sux he prolly has A7o. I think it'd be pretty tough to check/fold the river so I guess I'd bet/fold. If mp3 had AQ diamonds I don't think he'd raise the river since you raised the flop so we just lose a bet anyways when we bet. Maybe we could check the river, if mp3 really does have TT he might be happy to check it w/ an overcard there. Hmmm, I think I like bet/fold and check/fold the same, it would depend on my feel from the table, what waz your first instict of what mp3 had?

car ramrod 12-15-2005 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this was an easy bet the more I think about it. But I also think I would have to fold to a raise. UTG+1 was really bad, but he was weak/passive. The pfr folded flop, so I was only concerned about the limpers.

I think I check b/c I was playing the hand more for my flush draw, and didn't even think that my pair was likely best.

[/ QUOTE ]

the converter (censored) up. sorry bout that. replace MP3 with SB. MP3 folded on the flop.

so, I was a little concerned SB may have me beat, he was passive enough that he would call down a better hand then me. I raised mainly b/c of the flush draw I had, and I knew the other idiots would call 2 bets.

I assumed MP3 had overs, and when he folded I was still pretty sure he had ui overs. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

so, do you still bet/fold?

J. Stew 12-15-2005 02:45 AM

if river goes sb checks, hero . . . with utg+1 to act, i think i bet/fold. If utg+1 is passive enough to check behind I might try to get it shown down.