Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   "I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405476)

Tyler Durden 12-26-2005 06:12 PM

\"I wouldn\'t piss on you if you were on fire\"

Long story.

There's a bar near my house (Carpool in Ballston in Arlington, VA) that I go to about 2 or 3 times a week. So I know pretty much all of the waitresses and they know me.

Whenever I go to CP I'm there for a long time and I've accidentally walked out w/o paying my tab b/c I've totally forgotten about it. This has happened probably 2 or 3 times. Each time I either got to my car or driven halfway home before I realized it, so I went back to the bar and asked for my tab and paid. I consider myself a very honest person so I would never walk out on a tab intentionally.

So this one time on a Saturday night I was there w/ 2+2er asofel and we were drinking. I only had about three beers and left before last call and forgot to pay (waitresses there don't ask for a credit card if they know you).

I showed up about three days later and asofel was w/ me and the same waitress (Waitress A) was working in our area. She very kindly told me that I forgot to pay her but said "I knew it wasn't a big deal b/c I'd see you again" and was smiling while she said it. I apologized profusely, explained that I totally forgot and paid and gave her an extra tip. Everything was cool, she totally forgave me. Since then, she has continued to wait on me w/o asking for my credit card.

Then I show up about a week later and a different waitress (Waitress B) is working. She sees me and approaches, holding the tab that I walked out on and asks for the money. I tell her a bunch of times that I already paid for it. She was very suspicious and skeptical and I really didn't appreciate her doubting me. (I don't understand why tho, I'd have to be a real idiot to show up at a bar a few days after walking out on a tab and expect to be served). asofel also told her that I had paid on my last visit.

All night she gives me [censored] in front of my friends, for that incident and also for other things that I can't remember. I think she may have seen it as joking around but I was getting irritated and remembered thinking that she didn't know me well enough to be giving me all of this [censored].

So I said "I've never said this to a lady before, but I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire." I was mostly joking. She's about 28 and I'm 25, if that matters.

I felt bad immediately and she didn't seem too pleased so I walked over to her and said I was sorry for saying that. She said "it's alright, I know you'd piss on me." That was that, seemed like we'd made up.

About two weeks later I'm there to celebrate a friend's birthday and I buy him and some other friends a shot. Then later the birthday boy asks me to do a shot w/ him and at the end of the night when I ask Waitress B for my tab, I see that the second shots are on my tab also. I didn't even want to do those shots (it was a White Rabbit--Jim Beam and milk) so I also didn't want to pay for them. I tried explaining that they should be on his tab not mine and she said in a bitchy way that I'd have to work it out w/ him. So he and I agreed that he'd pay for them and I told her that and she said "I'm not going to pay for them! It's not my responsibility!" and i thought "wtf, I just told her he'd pay for them" so I repeated myself and she said "oh okay, I thought you said I was going to pay for them." but she was very frazzled and it took a long time for me to close my tab.

Fast forward to about two or three weeks later, she was working again and I ignored her most of the night due to out mutual dislike for each other (clearly my apology about the pissing comment didn't stick) and towards the end of the night I ask her for a beer and she brings it and says "that'll be $4.50" i'm thinkin to myself "wtf, they never ask me to pay upon delivery?" so i say "can't i just get a tab going?" and she says "yes I'll just need your credit card" and now I'm more weirded out but I give it to her. Later I ask why she asked for my credit card (I took it as an insult) and she said "well you've walked out on tabs before so if you want to be served this is how it'll be." I was livid when she said that I had "walked out on tabs before" b/c it was a) false and b) made it sound like I did it intentionally and like I'm a dishonest person. I walked out on ONE tab so to pluralize that is inaccurate. She also said that she wouldn't argue w/ me and that I could go to the bar if I wanted. I told her that it was the first time in a year that a waitress there asked for my credit card and I told her that not even Waitress A asks for my card, so why is she doing it? But she didn't care.

Later I closed my tab and paid for it w/ my card and left no tip b/c she's a bitch and why would I want to tip a bitch? I also told her that the waitress whom I walked out on doesn't ask for my card, so why is she doing it? She kinda ignored that question but I know it's b/c she's being spiteful.

Later she came to the table where I was sitting w/ friends and asked if we needed drinks and I loudly said "well I already closed my tab so if I want another beer do I have to give you my card again? How does that work?" but I was just giving her [censored]. She told me again that she wouldn't argue w/ me and I told her it was [censored] as she walked away. I was really bothered the whole night.

Comments?

Clarkmeister 12-26-2005 06:13 PM

Re: \"I wouldn\'t piss on you if you were on fire\"

tl; dr. I'm sure it makes you look badass though.

xorbie 12-26-2005 06:16 PM

i would piss on her, then set her on fire.

Senor Cardgage 12-26-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would piss on her, then set her on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would let her piss on me, then stick a pool cue up her ass.

But to each his own.

tonypaladino 12-26-2005 06:20 PM

switch bars?

tom441lbk 12-26-2005 06:21 PM

xorbie,

priceless

lbk

12-26-2005 06:23 PM

Hate-[censored]?

Or talk to the owner.

Tyler Durden 12-26-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
switch bars?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not an option.

fluxrad 12-26-2005 06:26 PM

If everyone knows you're a regular, including the manager then the solution is easy: Call the manager, ask to know the nights that waitress B is not working and let him know that those are the nights he can have your business.

Even if he doesn't tell you when she's working (no manager in his right mind would divulge that information) he'll at least know that waitress B is starting to cost him money in terms of visits from regulars.

7ontheline 12-26-2005 06:27 PM

Can you just tell her that you don't want her to wait on you anymore? If this doesn't work, then talk to the owner/manager.

Tyler Durden 12-26-2005 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you just tell her that you don't want her to wait on you anymore? If this doesn't work, then talk to the owner/manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

She may refuse service to me in the future but it doesn't matter, I'm not going to ask her for drinks anymore. I'll just go to the bar.

Neal_Schon 12-26-2005 06:30 PM

Step 1: Put some Journey on the jukebox.

Step 2: Carefully inform her of your impressive placing in the 2004 WSOP

Step 3: Tap it all night long.

bugstud 12-26-2005 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Step 1: Put some Journey on the jukebox.

Step 2: Carefully inform her of your impressive placing in the 2004 WSOP

Step 3: Tap it all night long.

[/ QUOTE ]

zing!

SuitedSixes 12-26-2005 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've accidentally walked out w/o paying my tab b/c I've totally forgotten about it. This has happened probably 2 or 3 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I walked out on ONE tab so to pluralize that is inaccurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

tl;wihr

UCF THAYER 12-26-2005 06:43 PM

I think you played this badly.

I will go into detail later, busy.

RacersEdge 12-26-2005 06:49 PM

1. Can't you figure out to get a different waitress when you go there?

2. Don't piss off people who prepare your food or drinks.

1800GAMBLER 12-26-2005 07:24 PM

I can't believe this event could affect anyone so much to write up a huge post about it. Do you normally spend your days watching paint dry?

MrTrik 12-26-2005 07:37 PM

tl;dr

Amazon.com: The Elements of Style, Third Edition: Books by William Strunk Jr.,EB White.

Pay special attention where they talk about writing concisely. Less is always more if it's written more meaningfully.

Tyler Durden 12-26-2005 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe this event could affect anyone so much to write up a huge post about it. Do you normally spend your days watching paint dry?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing nothing this evening, so I posted it.

billyjex 12-26-2005 08:20 PM

This story is not worth reading.

asofel 12-26-2005 08:56 PM

The waitress is really hot. I would definitely piss on her.

chesspain 12-26-2005 09:04 PM

If you actually become a well-known poker player will you also become an even bigger douchebag?

asofel 12-26-2005 09:12 PM

Chesspain,

TD is many things. Prick, [censored], loser, tool...but he is NOT a doubebag!!

chesspain 12-26-2005 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chesspain,

TD is many things. Prick, [censored], loser, tool...but he is NOT a doubebag!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad--I could use a doobie bag right now.

UCF THAYER 12-26-2005 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played this badly.

I will go into detail later, busy.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st off, you said you have walked out on your tabs more than once.
Now i am sure that they were honest mistakes, and you didn't mean to, but the fact is you have, and it can be annoying to your waitress.

You should have just smiled politely, handed her your card, and tipped her alot that night. She should after that be very nice with you, and there shouldn't be any more problems.
This is alot better option than being rude to her, and having awkward moments every time you go to that bar.

Now if after you tip her nicely she is still rude to you, by all means do all you can to get her fired, by telling the manager about her and what not.

12-26-2005 09:18 PM

you sounds like a douche bag don't walk out on a tab

Ulysses 12-26-2005 09:20 PM

Tyler,

Sounds like you just need to learn how to properly interact with bar staff.

tonypaladino 12-26-2005 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should have just smiled politely, handed her your card, and tipped her alot that night. She should after that be very nice with you, and there shouldn't be any more problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Being able to run a tab without a CC is a privilege, and one that the best regulars at many bars are not granted.

Tony

asofel 12-26-2005 09:30 PM

El D,

This is true. As a young man who is hip, cool, and also on the down low, I'm a favorite of the bar staff and especially the door men.

This bar in question is the one where I accidentally put a small hole in the wall. The manager was completely cool just like most of the staff. TD just has no patience for 127 and up.

Tyler Durden 12-26-2005 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really hot? no.

Tyler Durden 12-26-2005 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you actually become a well-known poker player will you also become an even bigger douchebag?

[/ QUOTE ]

anything is possible.

Ray Zee 12-26-2005 09:38 PM

sounds like she might have been flirting with you in the beginning and you let it esclate into something awful. buy her a bottle of wine and tell her "lets start over" and maybe things will be fine for both of you.
since you have nothing going maybe you might even have a slim chance to get some

asofel 12-26-2005 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really hot? no.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know its true. Ask 10 of our friends and you'll get that response a majority of the time.

elus2 12-26-2005 09:55 PM

in restaurants/bars that i go to, the server takes on the risk/responsibility when a customer doesn't pay. i'd suggest not making a fuss over it since it is essentially a non-issue on your end. pulling out your credit card can't be that difficult.

GoblinMason (Craig) 12-26-2005 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

tl;wihr

[/ QUOTE ]

nh; me too

hobbsmann 12-26-2005 10:38 PM

based on the title I thought this was going to be a post about the band death by stereo (a ton of the names of their songs are in the same vein).

Dominic 12-26-2005 10:42 PM

comments? Yeah. Get over it. And thanks for wasting the four minutes it took for me to read that drivel.

HopeydaFish 12-26-2005 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tl; dr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the condensed version:

http://www.kvpt.org/0to5/images/home/crying_baby.jpg

mushi 12-26-2005 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like she might have been flirting with you in the beginning and you let it esclate into something awful. buy her a bottle of wine and tell her "lets start over" and maybe things will be fine for both of you.
since you have nothing going maybe you might even have a slim chance to get some

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo thats the way to go

BTW Tyler BlockBuster called they said they want the DVD you live in back [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Warik 12-26-2005 11:24 PM

So you're a good enough customer to go every couple of days, have waitresses remember you, and have the staff be confident that you will be back to pay your forgotten tab.... yet you aren't a good enough customer to tell the manager that one of the waitresses has been giving you [censored]?

Talk to the chief and tell him to get his indians in line.