Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Stars 5-10 turn/river K9s (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368237)

TheHip41 10-30-2005 07:20 AM

Stars 5-10 turn/river K9s

Stars 5-10

Limper is 45/5/1.5 He's my buddy.

Hip has K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] CO

Full table

a bunch of folds, fish limps, Hip raises, button folds, SB 3 bets, BB folds, fish calls, Hip calls.

Flop (3 players) 10sb

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, Fish calls, Hip raises, SB 3 bets, Fish calls, Hip caps, both call

Turn (3 players) 11BB

6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, fish calls, Hip calls

River (3 players) 14BB

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, fish calls, Hip folds

Does anyone ever calls this river? I thought even if neither had a flush, SB probably has my two pair beat anyway.

toss 10-30-2005 07:29 AM

Re: Stars 5-10 turn/river K9s

No way I'm calling that river.

Nick C 10-30-2005 07:30 AM

Did you have a read on SB?

He will have a hand like T9s or even T9o on occasion, but it seems like a lot to ask for. (He has to have that and be willing to bet it, or some other even worse hand, on the river.) And you also have to hope the fish doesn't have Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or something, so your chances do look pretty bleak.

TheHip41 10-30-2005 07:32 AM

On this turn, should I be doing anything other than calling? I thought folding was too weak, but calling didn't seem right either.

Should I be raising in this spot and folding to a three bet? Or should I just call down barring a 4th spade, or me filling up?

Nick C 10-30-2005 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On this turn, should I be doing anything other than calling? I thought folding was too weak, but calling didn't seem right either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the call. There are 16 combos of QJ that SB could have. It's a pretty likely holding, at this point. A flush is also possible, and if one of Villain's flush-draw cards was the Q, J, or 9 of spades, then he might be particularly inclined to play his draw aggressively.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be raising in this spot and folding to a three bet? Or should I just call down barring a 4th spade, or me filling up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the reason I don't like raising the turn is that you can't fold to a 3-bet (or I don't think you should, anyway). The pot's too big, and I think you need to try to fill up (although it's unfortunate that the fish may be holding one of the cards you're hoping to catch).

After calling the turn, I would call the river if it weren't a fourth spade (I might do it on a fourth spade also if I didn't have to overcall, though I'm not sure that's best). I'd be expecting to lose, though.

Edit: Oh, and if I filled up on the river, I would raise.