Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   99 in the BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404214)

Kimpan 12-23-2005 06:19 PM

99 in the BB

MP is 29.7/16/1.2 after 120 hands

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

12-23-2005 06:35 PM

Re: 99 in the BB

i three bet the turn or bet the river

kross 12-23-2005 06:35 PM

To me, the turn is the interesting street. After villain raises, it looks like an overpair. But we can't be certain, he could just have something like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I don't like reraising. We're getting approx. 5-1 to calldown, so I think folding is out of the question. So I guess the hand was played fine.

I guess an argument could be made for donking the river, since we're unlikely to get raised again by anything but a flush or full house. If we get raised again, I think we can pretty safely fold. But I'm weak, and I probably just check the river like you did.

Walrus 12-23-2005 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I'm weak, and I probably just check the river like you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Are you then calling a river bet? I am trying to identify situations that I have been check-calling the river, where it would be better to bet-fold. Does anyone advocate bet-fold here?

12-23-2005 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me, the turn is the interesting street. After villain raises, it looks like an overpair. But we can't be certain, he could just have something like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I don't like reraising. We're getting approx. 5-1 to calldown, so I think folding is out of the question. So I guess the hand was played fine.

I guess an argument could be made for donking the river, since we're unlikely to get raised again by anything but a flush or full house. If we get raised again, I think we can pretty safely fold. But I'm weak, and I probably just check the river like you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this.

Why didn't you 3-bet the pre-flop?

Turn is not a 3-bet, I think this would be spewing chips.

True

Kimpan 12-23-2005 06:46 PM

yeah I should have 3-bet preflop.
I am defenetly calling a riverbet here

Benman 12-23-2005 06:56 PM

I would have raised PF to try and isolate against MP.

kross 12-23-2005 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I'm weak, and I probably just check the river like you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Are you then calling a river bet? I am trying to identify situations that I have been check-calling the river, where it would be better to bet-fold. Does anyone advocate bet-fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I meant I would check/call. Although the more I think about it, the more I like bet/fold.