Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Party .5/1: JTs in MP1 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=221286)

zram21 03-28-2005 01:14 AM

Party .5/1: JTs in MP1

This table has been playing a bit more aggressive than your typical Party .5/1 table. UTG is LPP, MP2 is LPP, MP3 is LAA, CO is LAP, Button is LPP, and BB is TAP.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

River: (8.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Comments on all streets are welcome, but I think the hand is pretty SOP up until the river. How did I do?

cmwck 03-28-2005 01:27 AM

Re: Party .5/1: JTs in MP1

I think if you're calling the flop you should raise, call a 3-bet and fold the turn unless you pick up one of your draws.

Not sure about the river raise. Your raise won't get CO to fold a better hand, but he will fold a worse hand for two bets. I'd say just call. If you're ahead of UTG, CO may overcall and you win a extra bet. If you're behind to UTG, you'll loose less by just calling.

bigmac366 03-28-2005 01:56 AM

i've seen a lot of fish play flopped trips exactly the way UTG played the hand, i would expect to see A4 or 45s here. no way i'm raising the river.

Aaron W. 03-28-2005 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you're calling the flop you should raise, call a 3-bet and fold the turn unless you pick up one of your draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does a flop raise do for you?

einbert 03-28-2005 02:03 AM

I would just call the river.

If you raise I think you can safely fold to the threebet from the LPP.

I think he has a four.

zram21 03-28-2005 02:23 AM

Results

Thanks for the replies everyone. Going for the over call seems like it was the best option here. I am likely to pick up that extra bet I was trying to get out of UTG if I am ahead and I don;t risk as much if I am behind.

UTG shows (T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

MHING. Thanks again.

afk 03-28-2005 02:58 AM

I probably would have just called the river, but you can safely fold to the river 3bet. Especially if you know he is loose and passive.

Ivanapolis 03-28-2005 03:32 AM

Super-fishy-played. The pot is low, you should not call on the flop with this backdoor flush/straight draw and two lousy overcards. The river-raise is an suiside-mission, which can cost an additional bet, if he reraises a better hand. You will win it after your opponent's reraise only if he is a blithering idiot.

cmwck 03-28-2005 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Super-fishy-played. The pot is low, you should not call on the flop with this backdoor flush/straight draw and two lousy overcards. The river-raise is an suiside-mission, which can cost an additional bet, if he reraises a better hand. You will win it after your opponent's reraise only if he is a blithering idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has 1.5 outs for the backdoor flush and 1.5 outs for the backdoor straight. I also discounted his two overcards to one out a piece. Thats a total of 5 outs. Getting 8.5:1 is enough to call this flop, no?

LipBalmGuy 03-28-2005 07:54 AM

I don't like it. I say fold on the flop -- you didn't hit.

The outs you're counting are weak. If you hit your straight or flush, you must still worry about a full house since the flop is paired with six players in.

I wouldn't count overcards even discounted as you suggest. If someone has a 4, they are worthless. If you hit one on the turn only to have a higher card on the river, then you can't bet. If you hit your overcard, you still have a weak kicker. E.g., you hit your T, you loose to AT, KT, QT, T9.

I think you're trying to justify defending a small pot.