Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Was Steve Martin ever funny? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391109)

tdarko 12-04-2005 01:53 PM

Re: Was Steve Martin ever funny?

i have a couple of his live stuff and ther are good but since he is such a physical comedian instead of a verbal comedian i think you lose a lot not being able to see him. i wish i had the DVD for "wild and crazy guy."

AngryCola 12-04-2005 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yes. i guess i have to repect that he makes films for kids

[/ QUOTE ]

Virtually none of the movies listed in this thread are "for kids."

EDIT-

Time to go watch some football!

KaneKungFu123 12-04-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bible Thumpers?

Clarkmeister 12-04-2005 01:56 PM

So what ever happened with "your dad getting arrested for murder"

TomCollins 12-04-2005 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I was about 9 years old I thought he was hilarious in "The Man with Two Brains"...then I tried watching it again a couple of years ago and couldn't make it all the way through without turning it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. i guess i have to repect that he makes films for kids. i guess i loved him in beethoven, but itd be suicide to watch it now. i still remember the girls name was Rice. Which i never forgot because it is the dumbest possible name i ever heard of, and then beethoven beat up her unfaithful prom date. man, that was classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

So was Airplane. Think thats a movie for the kids?

AngryCola 12-04-2005 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bible Thumpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

Godfather80 12-04-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I was about 9 years old I thought he was hilarious in "The Man with Two Brains"...then I tried watching it again a couple of years ago and couldn't make it all the way through without turning it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. i guess i have to repect that he makes films for kids. i guess i loved him in beethoven, but itd be suicide to watch it now. i still remember the girls name was Rice. Which i never forgot because it is the dumbest possible name i ever heard of, and then beethoven beat up her unfaithful prom date. man, that was classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a tool. The actor in "Beethoven" was Charles Grodin. Are you remotely familiar with Steve Martin?

KaneKungFu123 12-04-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So was Airplane. Think thats a movie for the kids?

[/ QUOTE ]

i never saw that one, or any of the ones listed in this thread. i was born in 1986, i guess i have to catch up. Anything post 1992 worth seeing?

RunDownHouse 12-04-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything post 1992 worth seeing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope. Nothing at all. Don't bother with anything older, its all completely devoid of talent.

Yeti 12-04-2005 02:03 PM

You have never seen Airplane?

Although I have no idea why it has been mentioned in this thread.