Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Lots of money goes in with three pair (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=115470)

JTG51 08-22-2004 05:27 AM

Lots of money goes in with three pair

.50/1 PLO. EP has $190 to start the hand. I have about $120.

UTG limps, EP min raises to $2. One player cold calls, a poster folds, and I call on the button with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Both blinds come along and UTG calls. Five to the flop.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

It's checked to EP who bets the pot, $10.95. It's folded to me and I make it $30 to go. The blinds get out of the way and EP calls.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets the pot, $68.50. I raise all in to $90 and he calls.

When he didn't reraise the flop I was confident I had the best hand. The only way the turn changed that is if he has TT (or KT), which is unlikely since I know where two of the Tens are, so I put him on something like AKQJ with 2 hearts. What do you think?

Walter 08-22-2004 10:06 AM

Re: Lots of money goes in with three pair

why wouldn't you play a set slow with a ragged flop like that? then a card giving a lot of draws comes on the turn so he bets the pot. but if he reraises on the flop then it will kill any action with two pair hands, which he does not want to do.

if he has the hand you describe, then you are ~ 55-45 favorite. but he could easily be on a near freeroll against you or have you drawing to very few outs.

it seems unlikely that you have him in very bad shape as he bet into you after you showed strength by raising the flop.

LA_Price 08-22-2004 10:18 AM

i think you're likely ahead or splitting after he flat calls the reraise. if you are behind I don't what to put him on except a very oddly played set. I almost think this is a good time to flat call on the flop as you're either way ahead or way behind but i think raising is fine as well. I assume you plan to fold if he comes over the top on the flop. I think he has something like AK8J maybe with hearts.

Walter 08-22-2004 02:57 PM

the flop action was bet-raise-call, not bet-raise-reraise-call.

JTG51 08-23-2004 02:23 AM

but he could easily be on a near freeroll against you or have you drawing to very few outs.

Yes, I was much more worried about the freeroll than about him having a set. Sure a set is possible, but I figured given the cards that I held, and how rarely players slowplay in these games, that it was unlikely.

JTG51 08-23-2004 02:33 AM

I assume you plan to fold if he comes over the top on the flop.

Yes, that was the plan.

JTG51 08-23-2004 02:34 AM

Results

He had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The river was a blank and my hand was good.