Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Interesting Hand For Analysis (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303178)

Prime Time 07-29-2005 09:31 AM

Interesting Hand For Analysis

30K guarantee
40 entrants left (currently in money top 60 pay)
1st Pays 7K

Currently around 10th at this point. Can’t remember exact chip counts. But lets say hero has T12k

Blinds are 200-400 and Hero is UG+1 w/ KK.
I raise to 1K which has been my standard raising amount (2.5XBB) since bubble.

CO calls which is also chip leader.
Plan on leading any flop not containing an A.

Problem Houston!
Flop is AA5

Hero Action?

PGA71

holman3rd 07-29-2005 09:47 AM

Re: Interesting Hand For Analysis

How about this:

Against a good player, check call the flop to make it look like you're slowplaying an Ace. Then possibly check-raise the turn, but I'm not sure you have a big enough stack for this move without committing yourself to the pot. Then again, if villian is in fact a good player, he may not fall for this line.

Against a fish, bet out 50%-75% of the pot and be done with the hand if he calls (unless you catch a King on the turn).

Good post. I look forward to what more expert players think.

07-29-2005 09:59 AM

I bet 1500 on flop and let it go to any sign of resistance

sdplayerb 07-29-2005 10:02 AM

i check call on the flop, but it would depend how much he bets for me to say i'd definitely call.
I would rather the flop have two As instead of one since it is less likely to have hit him.
If he bets again on the turn I am done.
You also didn't say how many chips he has, which is important.

07-29-2005 10:02 AM

I lead out here, prob around 1750 or so, if he cold calls, you better be real worried! If he raises, he might be testing your hand strength, most intelligent players are waiting for your turn bet to come way over the top here if they do indeed have an ace. You cant put him on a solid ace just because he called the pfr, I know tons of players in his place playing KQs there..., or even a lower pp hoping for a hot flop.
cdl

Prime Time 07-29-2005 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i check call on the flop, but it would depend how much he bets for me to say i'd definitely call.
I would rather the flop have two As instead of one since it is less likely to have hit him.
If he bets again on the turn I am done.
You also didn't say how many chips he has, which is important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't remember exactly what he had but it is safe to assume it was 4 to 5 times my stack (He was chip leader as I mentioned in post).

Prime Time 07-29-2005 10:42 AM

Re: Flop and Turn action?

[ QUOTE ]
30K guarantee
1st Pays 7K

Currently around 10th at this point. Can’t remember exact chip counts. But lets say hero has T12k

Problem Houston!
Flop is AA5

Hero Action?

PGA71

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked the flop w/ the intentions of calling.
Like the flop better w/ two A's, than one and feel my hand is better.

Chip leader also checks.
The problem now is I do not have any more information, and perhaps leading the flop was a better avenue.

Turn is a blank.

Now what should Hero do?

allenciox 07-29-2005 11:16 AM

What more could you want? You got a free card, which allows you to double-up if a king had appeared on the turn. Your check may have scared him more than a bet if he doesn't have an ace. If he does have an ace, he may have checked the flop to extract money from you. Check the turn, and call whatever he bets. On the river, check and use your instincts whether to call or not. Play smallball, you are likely to lose less if he does have the ace, and you will win more from his bluff if he doesn't.

holman3rd 07-29-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
30K guarantee
1st Pays 7K

Problem Houston!
Flop is AA5

Hero Action?

PGA71

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked the flop w/ the intentions of calling.
Like the flop better w/ two A's, than one and feel my hand is better.

Chip leader also checks.
The problem now is I do not have any more information, and perhaps leading the flop was a better avenue.

Turn is a blank.

Now what should Hero do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet half the pot or maybe a little less, making it look like your flop check was a slowplay. I think this size bets makes it look like you still want a call.

SossMan 07-29-2005 11:27 AM

WAWB, play it as such.

maybe a small bet on the flop, then checkcalling the rest of the way unless a king or anther ace falls.