Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   folded TPTK there... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376330)

xenthebrain 11-11-2005 10:46 AM

folded TPTK there...

BB had TAG stats and did play a solid game (except for openlimping in this hand).
I haven't seen him do any tricky yet, but he could be a tricky guy, but he hasn't been caught yet in this session.

MP is a LP-P with 70/3/0.4 but I saw him at several times betting the flop on a draw (even gutshot) or with nothing at all. A typical donkbettor, but all-in-all really passive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Weak fold or good laydown?

The more I think about it, the more I think I made a mistake by folding...

Vote4Pedro 11-11-2005 11:55 AM

Re: folded TPTK there...

Given your read I think its ok...I don't see a TAG calling two bets on the flop w/ overs(KQ,KJ,etc...) on that board. Turn C/Rs usually mean business, and I'm willing to give this one up

xenthebrain 11-11-2005 11:57 AM

My thoughts during the hand were that he was slowplaying 55 or a deuce.
I mean, he called two on the flop on a drawless board...
But which hand a TAG plays has deuce in it?

imported_The Vibesman 11-11-2005 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB had TAG stats and did play a solid game (except for openlimping in this hand).
I haven't seen him do any tricky yet,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I'd say the big blind open limping is very tricky indeed.

I can't really tell on this fold. If he's just calling out of the BB, that's maybe a small pocket pair, medium strength connectors, suited connectors (or any two suited if he's a bit more loose preflop) - what are we afraid of here? 55, K5s, or a two. AA, KK probably 3bet preflop.

I think I call this down.

imported_The Vibesman 11-11-2005 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts during the hand were that he was slowplaying 55 or a deuce.
I mean, he called two on the flop on a drawless board...
But which hand a TAG plays has deuce in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thought process too. But yes, unless he's the type to play any two suited (10-2s, that kind of thing) or low connectors, what would he have? Would he call a dominated hand like A2s preflop against a small field?

I think he coldcalls on the flop with an overpair, but why wouldn't he threebet? Not a big overpair? Slowplay?

Grrr...

xenthebrain 11-11-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, I'd say the big blind open limping is very tricky indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I misread my own handpost there...

KaiShin 11-11-2005 12:17 PM

If BB is a solid TAG then he can't be calling your PFR with anything that has a 5 or a 2 in it. There aren't enough players in the pot to make 55 or 22 worthwhile. I'd have to call this one down.

11-11-2005 12:20 PM

I think its very close. FWIW I would probably play like villain with KQ-K10. When you say he is a TAG I am not certain that he will call with any hand that beat you except 22,55,A2s and maybe K5s. And you beat KQ-K10 which are more combinations so I would probably call down in hindsight.

sean c 11-11-2005 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If BB is a solid TAG then he can't be calling your PFR with anything that has a 5 or a 2 in it. There aren't enough players in the pot to make 55 or 22 worthwhile. I'd have to call this one down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the limper calls the raise BB is getting 5.5:1 on his call and would be a fool to fold 55 or 22.

KaiShin 11-11-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the limper calls the raise BB is getting 5.5:1 on his call and would be a fool to fold 55 or 22.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its 4.5:1, and do you think you could make up 18 extra BBs with only 2 other players in the pot? It'd be close.

Edit: NM, 4.5:1 immediate, and 5.5:1 assuming MP1 calls. GG reading comprehension.

Also I missed that this was 6max. Must be early.

I'd still call down.