Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   3/6 party - runner runner flush river play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369787)

bobbysteels 11-01-2005 05:16 PM

3/6 party - runner runner flush river play

typical 3/6 party. no reads on villain, sorry. i have 760, he has me covered.

i have J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in cutoff. no limpers, i raise to 18, button calls, all else fold

flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

~40 in pot. i lead 30. he calls.

turn A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

i check. villain checks.

river A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

~100 in pot. i lead 100. villain raises to 235. i push. thoughts?

tdarko 11-01-2005 05:19 PM

Re: 3/6 party - runner runner flush river play

nh

edge 11-01-2005 05:21 PM

A lot of the time I'll bet the turn as well because I don't like check/calling in general. River play is cool.

xorbie 11-01-2005 06:43 PM

Were you planning on calling or raising if he bet the turn? If it's the second, I think that's fine. If it's the first, I think you should bet again.

greg nice 11-01-2005 07:17 PM

for you two who advocate betting the turn, you are folding if raised?

Big_Jim 11-01-2005 08:05 PM

I definately like c/ring the turn, I think a LOT of hands go away (any one pair hand and most two pair hands except maybe top two).

A turn c/r is a good way to represent a monster, and I think that his range is very weak here.

Since your Flop bet looks just like a continuation bet, he could be calling with a huge range here. Any A, and lots of pair+gutshot kind of hands, two pair, or even air trying to steal it from you on the turn.

No set or straight is going away... but I think most people re-raise PF with AA/QQ and many with TT. KJ is of course, a real threat, but even then, you've got outs.

River is standard. I might have fired a bit less than pot, since I think he's usually weak here, but pot is good too, since it looks a bit like a bluff.

flawless_victory 11-01-2005 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the time I'll bet the turn as well because I don't like check/calling in general. River play is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
when he push, you [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bobbysteels 11-01-2005 10:42 PM

thanks for your responses.

he had K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and my hand is no good.