Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   PokerStars FPP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381514)

SoSo 11-19-2005 12:14 PM

PokerStars FPP

How many do u have and what do u spend them on.....does everyone just spend them on merchandised crap or do you go for the Chris Moneymaker Limited Eddition Medallion.

skiier04 11-19-2005 12:31 PM

Re: PokerStars FPP

FPP sattelites are your friend.

StarlightCoast 11-19-2005 04:42 PM

I have just over 2900 FPP's. I use them to play in sattelites and once I hit 3100 I am going to buy the black Poker Stars jacket. The one that costs 3100 FPP's

MikeSmith 11-19-2005 05:02 PM

Its all about the autographed 2+2 books.

benkath1 11-19-2005 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its all about the autographed 2+2 books.

[/ QUOTE ]

Si. Psychology of Poker for me. And a hat, and a shirt. So far.

Recliner 11-19-2005 06:32 PM

I bought the baseball shirt, sweatshirt and beanie. The beanie is too small and sucks but the other two items were great.

Sooga 11-19-2005 06:40 PM

I've gotten 2 t-shirts, a sweatshirt (which I've since lost), a couple setups of cards, a stress star (my mom wanted it), a duffel bag, and a couple of books. I've been fairly pleased with everything, but I really love the duffel bag. It's surprisingly roomy, and I've taken it on numerous trips/vacations.

MicroBob 11-19-2005 06:53 PM

My account is down to 300FPP's.

I usually spend them on various FPP satellites but have bought a few books with them as well.

I see no reason to build up my account to thousands of FPP's when I can just spend them on tourneys.

Although supposedly they will be coming out with a VIP-club in the future where you may be able to spend a whole boat-load of FPP's to enter major land-based tourneys (like the WSOP). That was according to Lee Jones about a month ago or so in a thread in the Zoo.
He whetted our appetite for it and I was anxiously awaiting for this to happen because I'm kind of disappointed in the Party VIP-club thus far...but so far Stars hasn't put the finishing touches on this VIP-club thing that Lee spoke of.

Still anxiously waiting with fingers-crossed that they'll make it worthwhile.

SoSo 11-19-2005 08:47 PM

i thought the FPP tournies where like $500 - $1000 total prize pool, considering that they take at least 3 -5 hours are they really worth playing? even if they are effectively free.

i myself am saving up for two mountain parka's to stuff with stress ball stars/balls and then have a sumo wrestling match in them.

BigBaitsim (milo) 11-20-2005 02:45 AM

I got the parka. Nice, but a bit on the thin side for MN. I figured I'd wear it in the fall and on the odd hot winter day, when the temp got up to 28 or so.

Then I lost about 35 pounds, and the damn thing is too big.

It's been worn once. Guess I'll have to check ebay to see if it's worth anything.