Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   anyone c/c the river or c/f the turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402264)

jt1 12-20-2005 07:13 PM

anyone c/c the river or c/f the turn?

Villian is Loose passive

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero plans to check/fold.

axioma 12-20-2005 07:19 PM

Re: anyone c/c the river or c/f the turn?

hmmm, if villain is truely loose passive, then i think he can be calling you here with any 8,10,5, or 6.

in other words lots of hands you beat. simple counter loose passive strat suggests you B/F all the way here i would have thought.

Chairman Wood 12-20-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is Loose passive

[/ QUOTE ] I think this is a bet/fold.

milesdyson 12-20-2005 07:21 PM

bet the river. there are two 9s and two 7s accounted for, and he could have 88 and other lower pocket pairs as well as a 6. i don't think it is incredibly likely that he has an ace. if he has a 7, you split the pot.

12-20-2005 07:47 PM

If the turn was a K, then I might bet this river. Villain will call with lots of hands, but this is pretty close. You will probably get a free showdown here the times he has the ace or worse, and he will bet if he has a 9. You may be splitting if he has the same pair.

edit: add: is checking the river OOP the new free SD play against LPPs?

12-20-2005 08:02 PM

i c/f this river nearly 100% of the time. Is a LP really betting a missed draw or a worse hand? Do I not understand what 'passive' means? I dont think it's a bet for value since we split with a 7 and only beat a 6 or worse PP.

JackThree 12-20-2005 10:40 PM

you're definately ahead of his range, against the hands he just calls you with you might be a slight favorite. when you check and he bets you're good close to 0%
when you bet and he raises you're good 0%.

he's going to raise here 25% of the time, he's calling 45%, and folding the rest.

12-21-2005 09:06 AM

I think this depends on how loose passive your opponent is here. Will he call K-x or a busted straight draw on the river, how many straight draws will he have played?

There are quite a large amount of A-x that he would call down and some 9-x which he will raise. I don't think that you beat enough hands to bet/fold. I think check/fold is probably better. Since he is passive we don't expect him to bluff bet the river on a missed draw?

True

JackThree 12-21-2005 03:14 PM

c/f is probably correct yes