Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Midcourt Shot - Guy Goes Back To the Basket (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392810)

Aloysius 12-06-2005 05:48 PM

Midcourt Shot - Guy Goes Back To the Basket

Last night at the Clippers-Heat game a fat Chinese guy was the contestant for the Half Time truck giveaway. If you make a midcourt shot (you get one chance), you win the truck. Ala Niles on Frasier.

To our amazement, guy stands BACK-TO-THE-BASKET, heaves the ball flinging it over his head (of course he can't see the basket) - banked right in. Also the loudest I've ever heard Staples in my life.

Question - is this actually not a bad approach? With enough practice, if you get point of release down, could this be one of the better ways to go about making this shot?

Curiously,
-Al

samjjones 12-06-2005 05:49 PM

Re: Midcourt Shot - Fat Chinese Guy Goes Back To the Basket

What does the fact that the guy was fat and chinese have to do with this?

Aloysius 12-06-2005 05:50 PM

Hm - nothing. That is misleading editing subject line.

Yako 12-06-2005 05:51 PM

That must have been something to witness!
But nah, I don't think it's a better approach. The same point of release thing you're speaking of could be applied to a shot where you're actually looking at the basket.

dcasper70 12-06-2005 05:51 PM

Re: Fat Chinese Guy Goes Back To the Basket

I was expecting a thread about dry cleaners... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Blarg 12-06-2005 05:53 PM

At least you don't have to drag out the agony of slowly watching it go off the mark if you miss.

JinX11 12-06-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was expecting a thread about dry cleaners... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flawless victory.

chuddo 12-06-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does the fact that the guy was fat and chinese have to do with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares? it makes for a nice visual. like "400 lb grandma does standing back flip" is much more interesting than "human does standing back flip".

as for the actual feat, that is pretty sweet. at UK basketball games, the wildcat mascot repeatedly does behind the back overhead shots from half court. he is usually dead on and it just depends on the right power whether he makes it or not.

i would like to see a video of this as well.

kurosh 12-06-2005 05:55 PM

I think having him be fat and chinese makes a better mental image.

dblgutshot 12-06-2005 05:55 PM

Re: Midcourt Shot - Guy Goes Back To the Basket

I don't like the way you worded this. Simply saying he shot backwards or threw backwards would suffice.

Anyways, I can just imagine the place going nuts after something like that! Thats like TV material, haha.