Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Varkonyi Faces Juha Helppi at Bottom of Ocean Today (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387838)

11-29-2005 07:28 PM

Varkonyi Faces Juha Helppi at Bottom of Ocean Today

I apologize but I am rotfl.
Varkonyi Faces Helppi at Bottom of Ocean

It's Just An Example of "Extreme Poker"

InterPoker.com is taking poker to places where people normally don’t play, and it's starting 20 feet underwater at the second annual Caribbean Poker Classic on the Caribbean island of St. Kitts.

Today, Juha Helppi and World Series of Poker champion Rob Varkonyi will don state-of-the-art scuba gear and take seats around a table siting at the bottom of the ocean.

Players have been warned that during the tournament they may encounter distractions such as currents, tropical fish, and entangling seaweed that may break concentration and lead to tactical errors at the deep-sea table.

They’ll be using specially-made weighted chips and waterproof cards. The poker table is also weighted so it doesn’t drift away as the players ponder whether to call or raise.

The tournament will last until only one player wins all the chips, or until the competition either inadvertently floats to the surface or runs out of air and is forced to leave the tournament.

cwsiggy 11-29-2005 07:34 PM

Re: Varkonyi Faces Juha Helppi at Bottom of Ocean Today

lol - It's official. Poker has jumped the shark (possibly literally) The boom is over.

augie00 11-29-2005 07:36 PM

That rules.

11-29-2005 07:38 PM

awesome, seriously awesome.

my girl would probably even watch that!

ChrisMonkeymaker 11-29-2005 07:42 PM

This is Varkonyi's opportunity to improve his stellar record and prove to everyone that he was no fluke.

11-29-2005 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol - It's official. Poker has jumped the shark (possibly literally) The boom is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my immediate thought when I saw the news earlier today. I think the boom is still hitting its stride, but the tv industry has skipped a few steps ahead.

Gary

1p0kerb0y 11-29-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is Varkonyi's opportunity to improve his stellar record and prove to everyone that he was no fluke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played.

dankhank 11-29-2005 09:11 PM

i want to see this

SoftcoreRevolt 11-29-2005 10:02 PM

Why would anyone find this entertaining.

PokerPaul 11-29-2005 10:07 PM

The concept is correct, but the cast is wrong. Who the hell wants to see those guys in swimsuits wet underwater.

Clonie gowen vs. isa belle vs. evelyn vs. ness vs. jessica simpson is whom they should put in that event.