Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   A Christmas OOT Prop Bet Idea (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401702)

Alobar 12-20-2005 10:01 AM

Re: A Christmas OOT Prop Bet Idea

[ QUOTE ]

But I haven't even seen the movie and don't have much desire to.

[/ QUOTE ]

you actually should watch the movie, its good stuff.

Evan 12-20-2005 10:04 AM

This is worth $0 because no one benefits. It's funny to watch people drink hot sauce or eat butter, but I don't want to watch someone watch TV--especially for 24 hours.

samjjones 12-20-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is worth $0 because no one benefits. It's funny to watch people drink hot sauce or eat butter, but I don't want to watch someone watch TV--especially for 24 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Evanisright.

Boris 12-20-2005 05:25 PM

This Platinum member says it's a dumb idea.

Bigdaddydvo 12-20-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is worth $0. If it was 48 hours then it might be interesting, but 24 hours is just not that big a deal, particularly given there's lots of college students here that pull all-nighters frequently.

Hell, this is the kind of thing I'd do just to say I did it. But I haven't even seen the movie and don't have much desire to.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be the prevailing sentiment. With lack of OOT interest, consider the idea dead.

PocketJokers72 12-20-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to post every 20-30 minutes with a quote from the movie [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FRAGEEELAY... must be Italian.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, for this I deserve a Major Award.

mrkilla 12-20-2005 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
me and my roomate both play poker. we have a tiny little office. with a tv in a corner and our 4 monitors. we would be winlling to do a 24 hour poker marathon for the 24 hours of the show with the webcam on only one of s will leave the room at a time for kitchen or bathrrom breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW 24 hours of poker..if i have 24 hours to watch you play poker Ill do that my self... :P

uw_madtown 12-20-2005 06:36 PM

Alobar,

I might, but not going out of my way for it. It seems like one of those movies everyone sees as a kid, so they have a lot of sentimental value in it. Seeing those kids of flicks as an adult for the first time, I tend to find them "meh."

I had the same reaction to Goonies and Princess Bride, because I saw them for the first time when I was 20 (and people really hate when I shrug my shoulders at those two [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

Bigdaddydvo,

Good choice. Sorry if I helped derail the idea, but it's not really a money-worthy challenge. You could still try organizing an OOT Christmas Story group to see how many people can make it all the way through, just for pride's sake.

benza13 12-20-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
me and my roomate both play poker. we have a tiny little office. with a tv in a corner and our 4 monitors. we would be winlling to do a 24 hour poker marathon for the 24 hours of the show with the webcam on only one of s will leave the room at a time for kitchen or bathrrom breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to continue showing that this is no challenge, I was going to post about the same thing, saying that I would 8-table continuously for the entirety of the marathon for little to no money. Staying awake 24 hours is nothing, hell I drove for 35 straight a couple months ago.

jacki 12-20-2005 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to continue showing that this is no challenge, I was going to post about the same thing, saying that I would 8-table continuously for the entirety of the marathon for little to no money. Staying awake 24 hours is nothing, hell I drove for 35 straight a couple months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

bisonbison already did this. not the christmas story part.