Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Lets Talk Food (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401651)

12-19-2005 10:13 PM

Re: Lets Talk Food

[ QUOTE ]
Today I'd like to ask a question about why it seems that food tastes better from its place of origin rather than somewhere else. I'm taking about New York or Chicago style pizza, Mexican food, barbeque, pastries, everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Chicago, and I don't think there is anything special about the pizza. I think Pizza Hut is just as good as anything I have eaten from a local pizza place.

kenberman 12-19-2005 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Boston and I will drive to NYC for the pizza or a hotdog from a cart.

[/ QUOTE ]
no you won't

Blarg 12-19-2005 10:14 PM

You need some no-necks from Jersey disposing of a few bodies in your pizza oven before it gets that authentic old country flavor.

12-19-2005 10:14 PM

I'm from Chicago, now in LA. Can't get a Chicago Style Pizza or hotdog out here that doesn't taste like a cheap immitation. I'm sure New Yokers would agree.

istewart 12-19-2005 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Today I'd like to ask a question about why it seems that food tastes better from its place of origin rather than somewhere else. I'm taking about New York or Chicago style pizza, Mexican food, barbeque, pastries, everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Chicago, and I don't think there is anything special about the pizza. I think Pizza Hut is just as good as anything I have eaten from a local pizza place.

[/ QUOTE ]

gg

12-19-2005 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I live in Boston and I will drive to NYC for the pizza or a hotdog from a cart.

[/ QUOTE ]
no you won't

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes I will. What would stop me? It's a 5 hour car ride, I've driven to DE to get laid, turn around and come back. That took 8 hours.

12-19-2005 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im pretty sure Pizza originated in Italy, not New York and Chicago

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, it originated there, but it evolved in the USA. Just like what we consider to be Chinese or Mexican food isn't really Chinese or Mexican, but an American version of it. I'm pretty sure American pizza and Italian pizza can be considered as two different types of food.

tonypaladino 12-19-2005 10:19 PM

Regarding the pizza thing: I don't think it's a coincidence that Chicago and New York are cited in surveys as having the best tasting tap water, and also the best pizza.

istewart 12-19-2005 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the pizza thing: I don't think it's a coincidence that Chicago and New York are cited in surveys as having the most Italians and also the best pizza.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

12-19-2005 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You have no taste buds.