Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   MUBS? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387574)

Aaron W. 11-29-2005 12:35 PM

MUBS?

Both villains are known to be aggressive. SB is stupid aggressive heads up (meaning he might do all sorts of crazy things with nothing) and button is a little trickier with his aggression, but bluffs a little too often.

With the two pair connected combinations, and the one card straight in both directions, and the backdoor flush (which isn't as much of a concern as the other two), is it MUBS to check and call one bet here? If so, is it bet-call or bet-fold?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks...

jt1 11-29-2005 12:38 PM

Re: MUBS?

i bet/call half expecting to pick off a bluff. obviously, fold if it comes back 2 to you

irishpint 11-29-2005 12:38 PM

i like a check since you say villians are aggro. that means button is going to bet this often and when he does you still have the best hand often enough. it also means you dont risk getting raised off the best hand. c/c one bet, obviously if SB c/r you're getting out and I wouldn't overcall either.

Guruman 11-29-2005 01:28 PM

--blind response--

I think the most straightforward play is bet/call vs a couple of aggros. IMO bet/fold is out of the question with this hand given the opposition. (I hate folding good hands vs crazy aggro players)

They could easily read you for whiffed overcards and be calling or betting with any number of non-J or 7 hands.

The reason I don't like checking is because SB may raise a button bet (on a likely paired T or Q) with some kind of random hand, and you'll have to lay down the best hand.

If you bet out and it comes back two to you, then you can lay it down.

SlantNGo 11-29-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like a check since you say villians are aggro. that means button is going to bet this often and when he does you still have the best hand often enough. it also means you dont risk getting raised off the best hand. c/c one bet, obviously if SB c/r you're getting out and I wouldn't overcall either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed except I don't mind an overcall... SB could easily call with just a pair.

SCfuji 11-29-2005 01:42 PM

does the stupid aggression continue to the river? if button likes to bluff and sb knows this and try to get you off your hand you cant do anything else but check call two. hopefully button doesnt go too stupid and 3 bet and sb caps. then you can fold!

Peter Harris 11-29-2005 01:51 PM

Re: i love paradise.

if button loves to bluff, check-call (and check-overcall).
if not, i bet-call. I don't like bet-fold 1 (bet-fold 2 is goot).

Do you not find Paradise 1/2 5max a goldmine? I just cleared $200 bonus there and got $400 to boot. Sure i was running good, but boy howdy, they just dont know how to play. Out of 30 players i reckon 3 know how to. Woot!

Regards,
Pete Harris

Peter Harris 11-29-2005 03:19 PM

edit: what do you do if you bet, button raises, and SB coldcalls? it's only 1 back to you, but the action indicates trouble...

bobman0330 11-29-2005 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless they're both playing a flop pair with a deuce kicker, you're not winning. I can't fold against one opponent for one bet in this pot, but I don't expect to win this pot ever. If there's a call in front, I think a fold is clear.

Aaron W. 11-29-2005 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: what do you do if you bet, button raises, and SB coldcalls? it's only 1 back to you, but the action indicates trouble...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would feel compelled to call, but I would be very certain I was beat. Even without the coldcaller, I have a tough time believing my hand is good if I get raised. I would need button to be super-donkey to raise a hand I beat (not that it wouldn't happen, but it's a long shot).

Basically, I felt my hand was not worth two bets on the river, no matter how the action comes out. I can check-call for one bet, check-fold for two, and I don't mind getting a free showdown. There are just too many bad things that happened with that river card.