Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Playing low limit 6 person max games is a guaranteed way to go broke. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370691)

11-02-2005 09:22 PM

Playing low limit 6 person max games is a guaranteed way to go broke.

Max rake $3 per pot X 80 hands an hour is $240 collectively removed from 6 players per hour. $3 removed from a $60 pot, 5%. No way your edge can exceed 5% indefinitely. It is a fin joke. If you play these games at these limits all your $ will get siphoned away. PARTY POKER specializes in these games. Dont get taken.

TheGame1020 11-02-2005 09:30 PM

Re: Playing low limit 6 person max games is a guaranteed way to go broke.

You're a [censored] moron.

UATrewqaz 11-02-2005 09:30 PM

When the 6 max .5/1 tables at PP hit I remember everyone wondering, can you beat the rake?

Apparently the play is SOOOOO terrible that people actually manage decent win rates at .5/1 6 max PP... however you are right, the rake at that level is horrendous.

The microlimit forum or short handed forum would let you know more.

Mike Cuneo 11-02-2005 09:36 PM

Re: Playing low limit 6 person max games is a guaranteed way to go bro

[ QUOTE ]
You're a [censored] moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-02-2005 09:41 PM

It is 95% of the posters on these forums that are the morons. Anytime someone says anything that is negative it automatically refuted by a bunch of idiots. At least one person so far agrees with me.

Arnfinn Madsen 11-02-2005 09:52 PM

LOL, my edge at a average low limit 6max-table is way above the rake.

Let's say average pot is 4BB and average rake is 5%. My share of that rake is thus appx. 0.03BB/hand. That makes rake appx. 3BB/100. A prerake winrate like this is relatively easy to achieve.

Arnfinn Madsen 11-02-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is 95% of the posters on these forums that are the morons. Anytime someone says anything that is negative it automatically refuted by a bunch of idiots. At least one person so far agrees with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement shows that you do not understand much in poker. That means, that a table in which you think you play perfect, you gain a prerake winrate of 2BB/100, making you a loser; while a very good player would have a prerae winrate of 5BB/100, making him a winner. I refute statements like yours, as a matter of help to newbies, one becomes really good in poker when one crosses mental barriers blocking you from getting "unsustainable" winrates.

11-02-2005 10:00 PM

Your calculation is wrong.

Arnfinn Madsen 11-02-2005 10:02 PM

Okay, I will show with numbers:

5/10
Average pot $40
Average rake pr hand (5%): $2
My share of the rake pr hand: appx. $0.3
My share of the rake pr 100 hands: appx $30
My share of the rake pr 100 hands: appx 3BBs

My calculation was correct.

UATrewqaz 11-02-2005 10:11 PM

There is plenty of money to be made at .5/1 full, and most players would advise you to become a solid winner at full before moving to 6 max (most strategy books are geared towards full).