Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   AJ suited and off-suited (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342706)

09-23-2005 10:27 AM

AJ suited and off-suited

I've have trouble playing AJAX in any situation. Do i call, fold raise with in late position? Should i just limp in early or reraise and so on?

Some advise would be nice.

09-28-2005 04:44 PM

Re: AJ suited and off-suited

Raise from late position with an Ace if everyone so far has just limped.

Get in cheap from early and middle posistion with any ace that can make the nuts i.e. broadway aces, wheel aces, and suited aces.

BarronVangorToth 09-28-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Get in cheap from early and middle posistion with any ace that can make the nuts i.e. broadway aces, wheel aces, and suited aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

This list would include A2o - and that's not good.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

09-28-2005 06:52 PM

I don't understand the poll [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

09-28-2005 06:59 PM

The thing with AJ suited or not, it is very versatile hand, it can withstand heat, cold and in-between. You should raise with it from any position and under any circumstances to try and throw your opponents off. You might even want to throw in a re-raise against a UTG raiser, send them a message you are not one to be reckoned with.

Lash 09-28-2005 08:42 PM

Many underestimate the power of "the force". But fail to use discretion in applying it.

Cerril 09-28-2005 08:51 PM

Of course if your opponent is typical enough not to be paying attention to your style, play it in any unraised pot and reraise against any ultraloose raiser if you can isolate them. In highly multiway raised pots you can usually just call with AJs and usually toss AJo - in shorter games you can usually play it to one raise in most circumstances, but AJo prefers small numbers of opponents where top pair can win most of the time.

Be especially careful with AJ when hands you dominate are likely to have two paired (AT952 board, ferinstance) but don't get scared. It's a big hand. It's worth raising in almost any unraised pot (just calling from the blinds with AJo many-way has merit though as well)

Klepton 09-28-2005 10:22 PM

great first post

CurryLover 09-29-2005 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing with AJ suited or not, it is very versatile hand, it can withstand heat, cold and in-between. You should raise with it from any position and under any circumstances to try and throw your opponents off. You might even want to throw in a re-raise against a UTG raiser, send them a message you are not one to be reckoned with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have had a sense of humour by-pass. You're joking, right? Or not? I can't figure it out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
great first post

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have had a sense of humour by-pass. You're joking, right? Or not? I can't figure it out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

09-29-2005 08:52 PM

Please rephrase the question?