Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   What to do vs these donkeys? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396202)

Bukem_ 12-11-2005 03:57 PM

What to do vs these donkeys?

UTG is 40/10, Most of his raises are minraises, so I do give a tiny bit of respect to his utg raise here. Will overplay his hands.

SB is a 60/30 retard.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO ($751.15)
Hero ($662)
SB ($687.25)
BB ($765.80)
UTG ($442.65)
MP ($408.99)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $20</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $20, SB (poster) calls $17, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($66) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $46</font>, Hero calls $46, SB calls $46.

Turn: ($204) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($204) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $250</font>,

Not sure what to do with this flop, if I raise it sb comes along with any piece of it, but utg is dumb(smart?) enough to push with a hand that I am beating.

Bet the turn?
As played, can I call this river?

Gugel 12-11-2005 04:49 PM

Re: What to do vs these donkeys?

I push the river.
You are beat here only by a flush. JT is out the question. (The only way a normal player would call the flop bet was with JdTd, but since you have the Td, you can rule out someone having JdTd. I don't think anyone is calling a flop with a gutshot/backyard flush (JsTs) for 3/4 the pot). Anyway, the spade is not really a scare card. SB did not call the flop bet with 2 spade overcards hoping for runner runner. Now for UTG. Considering his 10% PFR, the only hand I'd be somewhat concerned about it As, Qs. He might have continuation bet the flop. Slowed down on the turn when a king came up, and backed into a flush. He could just as easily got a set of kings on the turn and decided to (foolishly) slowplay it. Considering his high VP$IP and tendency to minraise, I push since there are many hands he will call me with that I beat and only one (As, Qs) that has me beat. ALL-IN ON THE RIVER!

12-11-2005 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in God's name would you push the river? What are you trying to accomplish? You don't need to push just because you think you're ahead.

You might lose to a flush or a higher straight, and not a lot else is going to call with a 4-straight. Even really bad players notice that 'all you need is a 10'.

I Call.

AceHiStation 12-11-2005 11:55 PM

Just call, you can still pickup an additional $125 from SB if he's really that much of a donk... no reason to raise with such an obvious holding.

Gugel 12-12-2005 12:12 AM

yeah, my fault. i thought UTG had a bigger stack. since he has only $100 left, it is definetly better to call and hope SB calls $125.

Mackerel 12-12-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I push the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in God's name would you push the river? What are you trying to accomplish? You don't need to push just because you think you're ahead.

You might lose to a flush or a higher straight, and not a lot else is going to call with a 4-straight. Even really bad players notice that 'all you need is a 10'.

I Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

Lucky 12-12-2005 05:05 AM

I raise flop. I fold river.