Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   T3s flush on river but action - adsman sweats Pete (last one!) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396879)

Peter Harris 12-12-2005 02:57 PM

T3s flush on river but action - adsman sweats Pete (last one!)

Okay, hand 2 of 2. I liked this hand. What everyone say? Comments later.

Reads: MP is a donk i've met before, quite passive, not very tricksy.
CO is a new donk, buys in short, very passive, picture of extremely ugly woman as avatar
Button is the most passive person at the table - refuses to raise JJ PF in the CO, refuses to raise PF period as far as i'm concerned. One of the world's greatest 'call-downers'.
SB is a fish
BB is new.

Ooh, anyone for a flop c/r?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls $3 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero...

Spicymoose 12-12-2005 03:00 PM

Re: T3s flush on river but action - adsman sweats Pete (last one!)

Bet the flop. I probably call the river, but getting about 6:1, it is probably correct to fold your 5th nuts. One of em might only have trips, but I think you are beat too often.

milesdyson 12-12-2005 03:04 PM

not near 5th nuts - board is paired as well. fold the river vs. the very passive button.

typically i bet this flop because i expect these passive players to call making my bet for value. if i checked i would check raise once i get a bettor and two calls.

KDawgCometh 12-12-2005 03:25 PM

definetly CR teh flop. I'd call the river, you have a flush. I'd be willing to bet that the button is going ape [censored] on either trips or a straight more then he is going nusts on a FH or a better flush. Actually, most donks will go nuts with a set on the flop and keep pumping cause they can't see how they are beat

Peter Harris 12-12-2005 04:29 PM

thanks for the replies duders:

Hero folded, then BB capped it. BB had 82o for the bottom-pair-turned-2pair-turned-boat, Button showed KQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the higher flush.

If i had c/r the flop (which i should have done, with the flush draw+gutshot), i may have driven out BB, but i was busted both ways and liked my fold to the 3bet. Not what ed miller would call a "big laydown" as it was pretty clear by Mr. Passive's 3bet after a bet and a raise that i was toast.

Definitely a mistake not c/r the flop.