Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   heads up, brain off? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375165)

mike l. 11-09-2005 05:52 PM

heads up, brain off?

i had a hand the other night that got me thinking about not thinking. live 15 game i caught QQ in the hijack and openraised and maybe some other people were in but on the flop it got down between me and the bb, some little asian boy i dont know. he bet i raised and he reraised on a 543 rainbow flop.

when he reraised i wasnt sure what to do and i decided that i would just call any bet from him to showdown regardless of what came and bet if checked to. but i would completely ignore the board (short of a Q coming, in which case i would put in more action).

the turn was a J, he bet i called.

the river was a 2, he bet i called.

comments?

smurfitup 11-09-2005 06:24 PM

Re: heads up, brain off?

ummm, why exactly would you decide to ignore the board?

stinkypete 11-09-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what card are you so scared of that you wouldn't bet when checked to, or call when bet to?

GuyOnTilt 11-09-2005 06:33 PM

I'm just so happen to be a little asian boy so I can help on this one. We can't beat QQ very often when we reraise the flop. Put in another raise before the river.

GoT

Justin A 11-09-2005 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what card are you so scared of that you wouldn't bet when checked to, or call when bet to?

[/ QUOTE ]

A combination of this and not outthinking yourself into making a bad fold.

mike l. 11-09-2005 06:40 PM

"ummm, why exactly would you decide to ignore the board?"

cause it might get scary and i might fold incorrectly because im weak tight now. i play laggy preflop and weak tight postflop.

andyfox 11-09-2005 06:42 PM

"A combination of this and not outthinking yourself into making a bad fold."

Can't be a good sign for our game if we're afraid of making a bad play if we think too carefully.

mike l. 11-09-2005 06:44 PM

"Can't be a good sign for our game if we're afraid of making a bad play if we think too carefully."

it's more than that. but ill wait (in vain im sure) for others to come to my defense before i lay out all my thinking.

etizzle 11-09-2005 07:34 PM

i cant imagine ever folding this hand heads up against someone we dont know.

Leaky Eye 11-09-2005 07:39 PM

I use this play all the time in a heads up battle with hands far worse than that. I am constantly amazed how little people adjust to this in online play. (or maybe they adjust and I am too stupid to notice)