Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   checkup: MP3K, multiple opponents (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405208)

12-26-2005 01:59 AM

checkup: MP3K, multiple opponents

I don't feel I played this right [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Also, what is the proper line facing agression on turn/river?

And yes I do consider this an open-limping hand. Table is mostly passive, just calling preflop.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (7.00 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.00 BB.

jt1 12-26-2005 02:05 AM

Re: checkup: MP3K, multiple opponents

Because you limped pre-flop, you can bet/fold this river.

Preflop, I only open limp against players who aren't likely to fold and will take their hands too far post-flop.

imported_leader 12-26-2005 02:11 AM

I'm folding this pf in MP. I would probably check the river against two opponents.

Kumubou 12-26-2005 02:15 AM

I fire again on the river because at the lower limits you will get called here with all kinds of crap... a worse T, any 7, 4, or 3, any PP, A-high, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, etc.. Of course, they are also calling with a higher PP (except AA, which gets slowplayed to the river) and a Q.

Pre-flop is typically raise/fold, and I would typically dump it here and raise it in the CO... but if the table is really loose and really passive, I do not think it is terrible (especially if the alternative is playing a bloated pot out of position with a marginal multiway hand...)

-K

12-26-2005 02:19 AM

point taken, though i still disagree based on the table read i had.

now assume the call is correct for a moment.. what's the proper postflop play?

imported_leader 12-26-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
point taken, though i still disagree based on the table read i had.

now assume the call is correct for a moment.. what's the proper postflop play?

[/ QUOTE ]

post flop is fine. As I said, I would check the river as you did. That's the only thing I see as questionable.

12-26-2005 02:33 AM

ok.. do i fold to any agression? board is pretty dry so i'm just watching out for a raggedy two pair.

another question, do i change my plan if more overcards hit?

imported_leader 12-26-2005 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok.. do i fold to any agression? board is pretty dry so i'm just watching out for a raggedy two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call a flop cr and fold UI. I would fold to a turn cr.

[ QUOTE ]
another question, do i change my plan if more overcards hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. You're hands too good IMO to check the turn and fold the river. I don't like check through and call the river against loose/passive opponents because too often you're giving up value when they would call the turn with a lower pair/kicker.

12-26-2005 02:47 AM

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]