Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   BB defense PP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359013)

10-16-2005 07:54 PM

BB defense PP

Whats your take on this vs an UTG-raiser.

I put utg on 77,AJ,A10s,KQ,KJs. 33% of the time we will get a 10high flop which we will be even against equity wise and 12% we will flop set or better. If we can extract 7sb whenever we hit a set or better and win 50% of the time when we are even its a good play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I believe it will tough to win 50% of the time vs a 10 high flop but we should be able to extract more than 7sb very often imo.

Ps. Maybe the defense vs an utg-raiser is marginal but it should be clear that we cant fold pps vs a steal.

lautzutao 10-16-2005 08:07 PM

Re: BB defense PP

How can you put UTG on those hands only? I don't understand this...where is 88+ KJ, KQ, AK, etc...

*EDIT Someone UTG raising isn't trying to steal...

10-16-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you put UTG on those hands only? I don't understand this...where is 88+ KJ, KQ, AK, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]
???

PokerCat69 10-16-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

bottomset 10-16-2005 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
???

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously do you consider UTG raises 8-10handed as steal-raises?? they almost always are superstrong ranges, where sml pp are major dogs, remember most ppl don't raise that much upfront(including a ton of 2+2ers)

if you are talking about UTG 4-5handed then you need to specify

and I'd like to see why you ignore most of the hands that have you in terrible shape

milesdyson 10-16-2005 08:27 PM

he's saying his range's lower limit is the list of hands he gave. so instead of saying 77+ or 77-AA you just say 77. he raises 88+ if he raises 77. AJ means AJo+ or AJo-AKo.

10-16-2005 08:33 PM

I was unclear. I meant that you might consider folding vs an utg-raise but you shouldnt fold vs a steal; meaning that an utg-raise isnt a steal.

lautzutao 10-16-2005 10:11 PM

I'm sorry, I missed what's funny. He's defending his BB, so he seems to think UTG is attempting to steal. I guess I'm just clueless as to the point of this post

aces_dad 10-17-2005 01:50 AM

There are several vague points in the original post which are hard to follow.

For example A's are PP's, and I reraise BB with A's vs an UTG raise.