Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is this rude? Or am I a racist (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=255126)

irishken 05-19-2005 05:38 AM

Is this rude? Or am I a racist

Usual situation you are sitting in bus and couple black people sits behind you. Then they start talking and oh my [censored] god cant these morons speak just little bit quietly.
I wait couple of mins and then decide I cant take this [censored] and move couple of benches ahead so I dont need to listen them shouting.

Rude?

As a side note, why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans, but some black people just cant do it. I dont know if its only somalians, who are the only black ppl who live here.

Phoenix1010 05-19-2005 05:45 AM

Re: Is this rude? Or am I a racist

Yes the shouting is rude, but yes you are a racist.

solid 05-19-2005 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a side note, why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you're the moron and not them.

JaBlue 05-19-2005 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I wait couple of mins and then decide I cant take this [censored] and move couple of benches ahead so I dont need to listen them shouting.

[/ QUOTE ]

not racist
[ QUOTE ]

Rude?

As a side note, why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans, but some black people just cant do it. I dont know if its only somalians, who are the only black ppl who live here.

[/ QUOTE ]

racist

JackWilson 05-19-2005 08:58 AM

Yes, you are being a racist. You know why? Because part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

irishken 05-19-2005 09:05 AM

I understand that, and I at least would like to think im pretty open minded.

Does it matter that I would have done the same thing if the loud person was white, asian or whatever. i.e its not a about what it was, it just annoys me when in public places people shout.

jakethebake 05-19-2005 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are being a racist. You know why? Because part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of actions does not make you racist. Being intolerant of actions dependent on the persons race does.

jakethebake 05-19-2005 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that, and I at least would like to think im pretty open minded.

Does it matter that I would have done the same thing if the loud person was white, asian or whatever. i.e its not a about what it was, it just annoys me when in public places people shout.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't spend much time around Asians do you? Many of them are pretty damn loud. Yes, it's a cultural thing. Yes, it annoys me too. I don't think it's racist. As you said, I wouldn't enjoy being around a white person that's loud either.

JackWilson 05-19-2005 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of actions does not make you racist. Being intolerant of actions dependent on the persons race does.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of black people because they are too loud is clearly being racist.

RunDownHouse 05-19-2005 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete PC BS.