Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Too much? Defending the SB with JTs. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310397)

Guy McSucker 08-08-2005 11:43 AM

Too much? Defending the SB with JTs.

I made so many mistakes in this hand I thought you would enjoy laughing at me. In my defense, JTs is a mythical hand in hold'em and it gives me the willies. Anyway.

Here I have JTs in the SB and it's folded to the button who raises. He would raise a large variety of hands, but most of them beat me, so do I really want to get involved out of position here?

I decide that I do so I 3-bet, the BB folds and button caps. He's going to do that most of the time I think.

Flop: A A K with two of my suit. Which is a very interesting flop.

I bet and he raises. Okay that's annoying. I call. The bet is a mistake, yes? How do you play this street?

Turn: 9 of my suit. I have a flush. How exciting.

I check-raise, he 3-bets. Hmmm. I cap it anyway and he calls but I am suspicious now.

River is the 6 of my suit. What's my play?

Guy.

thesharpie 08-08-2005 11:51 AM

Re: Too much? Defending the SB with JTs.

Sounds like a fold preflop. Check call the flop. Good turn cap, river is bet something, I'm too tired to figure it out.

08-08-2005 12:05 PM

I wouldn't get involved with JTs unless I know someone is raising with junk. With an other blind structure I suppose you could call and let the BB in. Nah. I don't think I have an opinion really.

It is hard to see him playing the turn like that without a hand that either beats you or that missed filling up and will now check-through so I suppose bet-fold is better and hope he makes a crying call with A-something.

billyjex 08-08-2005 12:06 PM

Yeah, this hand got ugly.

JTs is a hand I would fold preflop against a normal aggressive TAG. I would need to feel his steal att is 50% or so, or he's a complete idiot postflop to play here.. but yeah, you gotta 3-bet if you play.

Flop I check/call. Turn is good. River bet/call, I feel he has trip A's here more often than a higher flush or boat(especially since only one flush card beats you.)

aslowjoe 08-08-2005 12:08 PM

I fold from the SB but I am way too tight defending my SB. I would c/r the flop lead the turn.

The way you played I would lead the river. I think he has AT-AQ or pp JJ-TT way more then has AK and if he has the Q for the flush oh well

RunDownHouse 08-08-2005 12:08 PM

I check/call the river, because I want to showdown and I'm a big skirt on the river.

CIncyHR 08-08-2005 12:53 PM

I second this notion. He may fold an Ace if you bet, but if you check he may bet an ace, plus you get a showdown for 1 BB.

baronzeus 08-08-2005 12:54 PM

This looks like Ax to me. Bet/call.

baronzeus 08-08-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I second this notion. He may fold an Ace if you bet, but if you check he may bet an ace, plus you get a showdown for 1 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will check behind without a flush or FH here most of the time.

Derek in NYC 08-08-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: A A K with two of my suit. Which is a very interesting flop.

I bet and he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of these flops are better run as bluffs on 4th street or the river.