Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   For those of you that play the Party 1/2 (low content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345617)

Nigel 09-27-2005 05:27 PM

For those of you that play the Party 1/2 (low content)

Is it as bad as it looks? I just started watching it recently and I basically see the same 10 people every day, all day. These people have some stamina. I assume that almost of them are quite solid to be surviving, and some I know from having played with in the Stars game and at UB.

So the question is, is there any money to be made in this game, even 1BB/100? I'm kind of surprised I'm not seeing more short buy-ins taking "shots" or donking off the rest of their bankroll, but hardly anyone ever seems to get up from the game, so maybe that is why.

Is this game crap, or have I been watching too small a sample?

Paluka 09-27-2005 05:34 PM

Re: For those of you that play the Party 1/2 (low content)

why not just datamine it?

Nigel 09-27-2005 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not just datamine it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't had a Party account. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bicyclekick 09-27-2005 05:39 PM

too small of a sample.

That and when you get to the higher limits there are players with solid appearing stats who make lots of boneheaded plays. You have to start paying attention to how people play instead of looking at numbers.

And also a lot of the regulars really aren't that great.

1bb/100 is a good target.

ggbman 09-27-2005 07:07 PM

Do you think there is much difference between the 50 and 100 game BK?

bicyclekick 09-27-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think there is much difference between the 50 and 100 game BK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't really played the 50 all that much, but yeah i think the 100 is tougher.

Nigel 09-27-2005 07:15 PM

From what I've seen, the 50 looks more filled with donks, basically your typical 30 table. Too bad they have dropped it to one table as this game has been motivation to join Party.

The 100, again only from what I've seen, looks like the same 10-15 players going 24/7. I think a good number of these guys are quite solid which is why I was interested in the opinion of those with some time under their belt in that game.

Nigel

Nigel 09-27-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
too small of a sample.

That and when you get to the higher limits there are players with solid appearing stats who make lots of boneheaded plays. You have to start paying attention to how people play instead of looking at numbers.

And also a lot of the regulars really aren't that great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks BK.

DeezNutz3 09-27-2005 07:19 PM

I do not consider myself very experienced in this game..few thousand hands. But, BK is right, on average it's tougher than the 50. A few regulars numbers may look good but they don't play very well. The game can be very soft at times.

Donny

wuarhg 09-27-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if someone is making 3bb/100 in the 10/20 6-max game, it's not really that worthwhile to move up?