Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Poker Stars, Small Star Above Avatar? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382406)

MeanGreenTT 11-21-2005 01:13 AM

Poker Stars, Small Star Above Avatar?

Anyone ever seen this? I was searching for a player and when I opened up the table, I noticed one of the players had a small white star at the top center of the ring around the avatar.

It wasn't part of the avatar, defintely part of the Stars software, or at least appeared that way to me.

Sorry if this is ancient, common knowledge. Thanks in advance.

MeanGreenTT 11-21-2005 01:16 AM

Re: Poker Stars, Small Star Above Avatar?

"tahoeodie2" is the player if curious....

Exitonly 11-21-2005 01:17 AM

it's somethign to do w/ pokerstars.net/pokerstars.com

edit: i'm not sure about this, onimo could be right.

ononimo 11-21-2005 01:18 AM

has to do with deposit bonuses

the_main 11-21-2005 01:23 AM

I asked a player at a table with it, and someone other than the player told me it was pokerstars.net signups.

11-21-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I asked a player at a table with it, and someone other than the player told me it was pokerstars.net signups.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes. it means they signed up through .net rather than .com
if you sit at a play money table, you will probably see a few people with the stars.

tek 11-21-2005 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the white star tells us who the fish are? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

nsj 11-21-2005 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the white star tells us who the fish are? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I am thinking. Star = play-money graduate? Why don't they just make it a bullseye?

durron597 11-21-2005 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That's what I am thinking. Star = play-money graduate? Why don't they just make it a bullseye?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen a star at a real money table? I haven't, but I have seen them when blowing off steam at S8 play money tables [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

11-21-2005 12:40 PM

The star is for someone who is playing RIGHT THEN on pokerstars.net. So, the only way you can have that is if you are on a play money table.