Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Can I play AQo? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374781)

Shillx 11-09-2005 03:02 AM

Can I play AQo?

Okay I just got back from Vegas so I'll post one of the ~60 hands I played for the weekend. I would rather post about how expensive drinks were at the nightclub Lure, but that might look too reasonable. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Gerber baby is drunk on a Thursday night and is not paying much attention as he would rather be elsewhere. There are probably 30 2+2ers in the room and somehow none are at my table. The dude on my right is min-buying everytime (has done it 3 or 4 times) and always gets all-in with terrible hands. For some reason he bought in for $100 this time (call him ATM since he keeps going back). Dunno why but he seems to be plenty aggressive though I don't know how he plays a larger stack.

Wynn Las Vegas 4/8 (Full Game)

Hero finds A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG limps, ATM pops on my right and I coldcall along with the button.

Flop (4 for 9 SB) - 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checks around

Turn (4 for 4.5 BB) - Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Check, ATM bets, I call and both others call.

River (4 for 8 BB) - J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Check, ATM bets and I call...

How did I do?

istewart 11-09-2005 03:08 AM

Re: Can I play AQo?

A few questions.

1. Re: ATM's flop check/turn bet. Range of hands for him, in your opinion?

2. Let's say ATM raises UTG and someone cold-calls in between preflop. Flop checked around, ATM donks turn, guy calls in between... are you raising here?

adsman 11-09-2005 03:22 AM

Do you want overcalls on the river?

siccjay 11-09-2005 03:35 AM

I would probably 3bet to try and isolate and then be pissed that the isolation play didn't work.

thirddan 11-09-2005 03:37 AM

seems like an easy 3bet preflop...

also, bet the flop...

cold_cash 11-09-2005 03:39 AM

I must be missing something. (Which is, of course, not unusual.)

I don't know why you cold-called.

I don't know why you didn't raise the turn.

NobodysFreak 11-09-2005 03:43 AM

I'd raise behind him to force everyone behind me to make it 3-bets cold (except the BB).

The check on the flop seems decent (I don't think I'd check here 100% of the time), but when a non-club (especially one that pairs my hand) on the turn hits, I'd bet when its checked to me.

I would bet the turn when its checked to me and if raised by ATM, I'd be more inclinded to call his bet on the turn if the turn card was't a club.

The river call seems good seeing as it doesn't fit in with the board, but then again its 3 am and I'm drunk...

istewart 11-09-2005 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I must be missing something. (Which is, of course, not unusual.)

I don't know why you cold-called.

I don't know why you didn't raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't explain the cold-call but Shillxpreflop is Shillxpreflop. Take of that what you will [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

On the turn I think he doesn't mind if UTG draws dead (which he is a lot of the time, I'd imagine) for a bet, rather than face him with two cold. The issue here is I think he's ahead of CO so often that I'm not sure it balances out...

einbert 11-09-2005 04:31 AM

This is a joke right?

Let's put it this way, if I had played your hand I would have won a lot more or lost a lot more.

11-09-2005 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a joke right?

Let's put it this way, if I had played your hand I would have won a lot more or lost a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you would have won a lot more.

You may have won sooner.

3bet PF
bet the flop
rest is good.