Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   TS 1/2 100NL, "deep stacked" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407140)

12-29-2005 02:19 PM

TS 1/2 100NL, \"deep stacked\"

Villain in hand was only other good player at the table. Im a TAG, he's a LAG, and I'm pretty sure he recognized the fact that I was tight, as he seemd perceptive. His stack was 220ish, I had him covered. Needless to say, I feel I brutalized this hand, but wasn't sure what a better line would be.

Six limpers to my BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and i check.

Pot is 14.

Flop is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checks to Villain on button who bets 10. Normally I check-raise this (I'm pretty aggressive in pots like these), but with 4 people behind me left to act, I call hoping for good equity. Everyone else folds.

I'm putting villain on a WIDE range of hands. He could have flopped low flush, couuld have a set, could have top pair, could have pair + lower flush draw.

Turn comes a 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check again (mistake, i contemplated a stop and go here). He bets 15. Normally, his betting was normal like 3/4 pot on flop, at least half pot on flop. I saw this as being very weak, like maybe betting something like JTo. I raise to 53. He pushes. Obv fold, but where did I mess this hand up. I know I could have just called turn getting a great price, but I really thought I could take the pot away here.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

JustToast 12-29-2005 02:26 PM

Re: TS 1/2 100NL, \"deep stacked\"

If my opponent is acting abnormally weak, i'm fairly suspicious. If you really believed he was weak and not just acting it up, there's nothing wrong with stealing.

I prefer a flop raise here given your image.

GrunchCan 12-29-2005 02:37 PM

Wrong forum.

[ QUOTE ]
Normally, his betting was normal like 3/4 pot on flop, at least half pot on flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this assesment, you should fold the flop.

Leptyne 12-29-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum.

[ QUOTE ]
Normally, his betting was normal like 3/4 pot on flop, at least half pot on flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

12-29-2005 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this game is really loose passive and was expecting at least one of four people behind me to call. given this, make constructive comments.

GrunchCan 12-29-2005 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this game is really loose passive and was expecting at least one of four people behind me to call. given this, make constructive comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if V bets 3/4 PSB on the flop + 1/2 PSB on the turn, and 1 opponent sees the turn 100% of the time and the river 50% of the time, then calling is +EV.

But you're in a very bad position. How do you know that at least 1 opponent will call? Nobody actually did.

swolfe 12-29-2005 05:49 PM

lead the flop

this isn't "deep stacked"

TheWorstPlayer 12-29-2005 06:01 PM

I played this exact same hand the other day. Brutalized, indeed. Oh well. In your hand, and in my hand, I wish I had led the turn. If he raises, you can either push, fold, or call depending.

12-29-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

12-29-2005 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why i put it in quotes, morno. its just more than twice the buy ins.