Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   flop checkup (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399931)

DrGutshot 12-16-2005 09:14 PM

flop checkup

Going through a rough stretch and need a reminder.
9 Handed 20/40 pp.
Unknown openraises in MP, I 3bet Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button, folded to him and he caps.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He bets. Peel? Fold? Raise?

If you peel:

If you raise:

DrGutshot 12-16-2005 11:53 PM

Re: flop checkup

also, reasoning is appreciated...

-DrG

Jdanz 12-17-2005 12:21 AM

What would it be logical for him to bet out with?

Klepton 12-17-2005 12:34 AM

the only hand you beat is TT/KQ. this could be a fold on the flop, but i probably peel. if i don't trust this guy, i raise the turn and fold to 3-bet.

raising the flop will most likely accomplish nothing.

bobbyi 12-17-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What would it be logical for him to bet out with?

[/ QUOTE ]
After capping preflop, I expect an unknown to bet out pretty much 100% of the time heads up on the flop.

DrGutshot 12-17-2005 04:10 AM

Lets try to agree on this:

For an unknown, should we give credit for the following hands? If more should be added, state which. If some should be retracted, state which.

AQo+, QJs+, 88+.

Too generous? Too conservative? If we agree on a set of hands it should be easier to determine the correct play mathematically.

-DrG

goofball 12-17-2005 04:34 AM

Re: Lets try to agree on this:

DrGutshot-

He capped otu of position PF. I'd give him AA-TT, AQs+, AKo, and some discounted lower hands like ATs+, AJ0+, KQs, and 99/88

me454555 12-17-2005 11:00 AM

AK, AQs, JJ+, very discoutned is TT thats about my range. I'd prolly just toss this otf b/c there are VERY few cards that I like to see on the turn.

If you peel the flop, aside from a Q what card are you hoping falls on the turn? He's almost certainly betting any turn card so your essentially calling the flop in hopes of spiking your set. You don't have the pot odds for this so theres no point in peeling the flop unless you're committed to SD which IMO is a bad idea

imported_stealthcow 12-17-2005 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For an unknown, should we give credit for the following hands? If more should be added, state which. If some should be retracted, state which.

AQo+, QJs+, 88+.

Too generous? Too conservative? If we agree on a set of hands it should be easier to determine the correct play mathematically.

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say AQo+ KQs+ 99+ is lower bound of what he's capping and if he's on the tight side its AKo+ AQs+ JJ+.

if this was a semi lag guy whose tilting, i like your range.

> hands that dominate you
12 combos of AK
3 combos AQ
6 combos KK
6 combos JJ
> hands you dominate
4 combos KQ
1 combo QQ //we shouldn't put too much emphasis on this hand
6 combos TT
6 combos 99

so with 99 and TT in their range this is a very slim let-me- get-to-showdown-as-cheaply-as-possible situation, and with them not in opponents range this is a clear muck.

stealthcow-

ps. this whole running bad thing, did it start after you cashed out without making 3 small deposits right after?!?!?!