Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   10/20, AQo, river action? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386402)

brettbrettr 11-27-2005 09:49 PM

10/20, AQo, river action?

I don't know much about BB's play, I have only mined hands on him. He's 27/5/1, goes to sd 37% of the time, wins 48% of the time, and doesn't fold blinds very often at all.

If I hadn't picked up the gutshot on the turn, I'd probably have bet-folded. What's your tiver plan?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB bets.

mscags 11-27-2005 10:18 PM

Re: 10/20, AQo, river action?

Depends on if you're capable of folding to a three bet. I would usually raise and fold to a reraise

gh9801 11-27-2005 10:23 PM

I'd just call. You're chopping here often. Villain's hand is very undefined - he may have just hit his ace, he may have a king, he may have you beat but missed on the turn c/r. I'm thinking a hand you beat is more likely to c/call here than to valuebet, and if villain is betting into you because you showed weakness on the turn, a raise doesn't have a point. I also doubt villain will fold an ace here very often if you raise.

mscags 11-27-2005 10:27 PM

Ooops didn't see the king there, I think calling right here because of what you said.

BigEndian 11-27-2005 10:45 PM

No pearls of wisdom from me: I'd raise if I felt a worse hand would call enough of the time. That's really tough to imagine for a lot of opponents - but there's a few who come to mind who would.

- Jim

theriverwild 11-27-2005 11:29 PM

I don't know why u would raise here. The pot isn't that big and your kicker doesn't play. He's bluffing has u beat or chopping. Raising in this situation is not a good idea IMHO.

flopmonster 11-28-2005 12:12 AM

I see no value of a raise here

TJD 11-28-2005 07:48 AM

I bet the turn here. Yup I know I have the gutshot but he could be in there with a heart draw or Ax and he is mad or a small PP. It is very unlikley he would fold a small pair here but now with 2 overcards, it is not impossible.

Of course you may be CR and that would suck but you will be getting nearly 8:1 and when you add up tens, Aces, Queens, K to beat his 55 and outright bluffs, we probably have enough to scrape up a call here. I expect to be behind but I am NOT giving this guy a free card just 'cos he peels on the flop.

The turn bet is a risk. However, poker is about judging and taking risks. Without the flush draw I would check. It is close.

River - call. K means Q does not play, so no benefit to the raise.

t

sfer 11-28-2005 01:59 PM

Call. I will bet the turn most times.

sweetjazz 11-28-2005 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know much about BB's play, I have only mined hands on him. He's 27/5/1, goes to sd 37% of the time, wins 48% of the time, and doesn't fold blinds very often at all.

If I hadn't picked up the gutshot on the turn, I'd probably have bet-folded. What's your tiver plan?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it was a crowded table. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I originally thought call, since your Q kicker doesn't play. Then I thought raise, because there aren't many hands BB can have that beat you (and you can safely fold to a 3-bet). But then I figured that a hand with a 6 (e.g. 76s) or AJ or KJ or a passively played AK/JJ (even KK/AA) are all possible. And I doubt that a small PP is betting here, so about the only sensible hands you can beat are KQ or a busted flush draw. But you're chopping enough to call, plus there's always a small chance that villain is making a strange bluff with a hand like 98 that called the flop for who knows what reason.