Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is A-Rod "Becomming" a Yankee????? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240330)

Non_Comformist 04-26-2005 09:00 PM

Re: Is A-Rod \"Becomming\" a Yankee?????

[ QUOTE ]
It is sad how far Yankee fans have fallen.

This game is pointless. A-rod will still suck when the game is on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly a hater. Probably a Padres fan or something.

thatpfunk 04-26-2005 09:01 PM

Poor choice of words. Meaningless should have been used for clarity.

You know it is sad/funny when Yankee fans are getting excited over games being played in April.

On the first day of the season was Mark saying "OMG!!! Dmitri Young hit 3 homers. He is finally becoming a true Tiger!!!"

grasping. at. straws.

Dead 04-26-2005 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know it is sad/funny when Yankee fans are getting excited over games being played in April.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I get excited when spring training rolls around. I follow the offseason moves every day on ESPN. If you think that this is sad then that's fine. We all have our hobbies. Following the Yankees is one of mine.

I only missed watching 3 Yankees games last season. I don't intend to miss more than that this year.

istewart 04-26-2005 09:04 PM

The Yankees aren't doing so well, so any sign of good things to come is welcome. I don't think it's sad or funny.

thatpfunk 04-26-2005 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A-rod will still suck when the game is on the line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really, A-Rod sucks? Are you sure of that? How many 3rd basemen hit over 30 home runs last year? How many did it learning their new position? How many "sucky" MVP's have there been in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote a complete sentence. You should work on your reading comprehension.

[ QUOTE ]
Please, explaing fallen. Fallen where?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fallen, as in, it is sad that Yankee fans, once a proud bunch, have resorted to being excited over an early season game.

As in fallen into mediocrity.

Dead 04-26-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yankee fans, once a proud bunch, have resorted to being excited over an early season game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you want us to be fairweather fans?

You can't have it both ways.

Non_Comformist 04-26-2005 09:07 PM

Your hating will not bring us down pfunk.

thatpfunk 04-26-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude I get excited when spring training rolls around. I follow the offseason moves every day on ESPN. If you think that this is sad then that's fine. We all have our hobbies. Following the Yankees is one of mine.

I only missed watching 3 Yankees games last season. I don't intend to miss more than that this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead, you are a smart enough guy to undertand what I am inferring. Look at the title of the OP.

"Is A-Rod becoming a Yankee?!???" Think about what that title is inferring. A statement as such should be reserved for late season and post season heroics, NOT a 3-run homer game in April. That, is what I find sad.

I understand getting excited, you're talking to someone who spent 4 hours watching a draft this weekend.

Dead 04-26-2005 09:12 PM

I think that a 3 homer game anytime is quite impressive. Same as a no hitter, even if it happens in April.

jba 04-26-2005 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

A-rod will still suck when the game is on the line.

Really, A-Rod sucks? Are you sure of that? How many 3rd basemen hit over 30 home runs last year? How many did it learning their new position? How many "sucky" MVP's have there been in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote a complete sentence. You should work on your reading comprehension.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha a little A-rod special sauce in the eyes, maybe??

http://www.southorangevillage.com/di...9203/49241.jpg